1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Galatians 3:28 and Matthew 22:30 as a blueprint for an anti-kink, balanced life

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

note: Im a lay catholic, not a priest. this isnt even an exegesis, but more of a psychologial commentary,

For in the resurrection of the dead, they do not take wives, neither do men have wives, but they are like the Angels of God in Heaven.

There is neither Jew nor Aramaean, neither Servant nor Free person, neither male nor female, for all of you are one in Yeshua The Messiah.

I commented on this before, but I think its worth repeating: race is a fetish, body type is a fetish (weight,height,muscle mass,body proportions). even male or female is; there are varying degrees of preferences for body types in women from men(tomboys vs tradwives ,for example). As such, I think all "categories" of fetish\kink are bad,as long as they remain rooted in the body type\clothing style\materialist conditions such as social class, profession, etc

and sex isnt eternal. it has no onthological existence even tho its not evil (since God doesnt make mistakes such as creating an evil way of reproducing). my main point is,if you do semen retention, you must STOP considering humans as "male" or "female". dont get me wrong! im not a non-gendery-binary apologist. i recognize only 2 genders(sexes) but, even this very distinction I view as a hurdle and a goal to overcome

peace

2. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Interesting post! I once heard that the most difficult thing for a person to let go of, to not identify with anymore during their spiritual awakening, is their present gender (male or female).
    It’s been said that men and women need each other to fully awaken, then finally, sex has fulfilled its purpose. It can be let go of.

3. Dr.J_76ers

Dr.J_76ers Fapstronaut

Hey I think we gotta get on the same page about things. Basically what a lot of people are saying these days is that gender is a spectrum but that sex is binary. So sex is either XX or XY, but people can have disorders - say they are XX, they should have a female gender right?
    There's this phenomenon where this gene called SRY from Y chromosome can "crossover" and join one of this individual's X chromosomes. So now they start expressing male physical traits and gonads.

Now I'd probably be the last person to be saying this shit given that I faced a transgender identity crisis a couple years ago, but being comfortable with this kind of information helped me be comfortable with who I am in the moment and allowed me to feel the need to alter my body less and less.

4. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

Dr.J I dont understand your post.
    do you disagree or agree with what I posted? do you mean to say you didnt understand my?
    I said that sex is real but the Soul is sex-less and lust is clinging to the real, but not onthologically-real difference

5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Something, I took from what you wrote is that a fetish can be something which the majority of society sees as "normal" just as it can be something that the majority sees as "abnormal". Both things are false idols that lead us away from the one true God. Equally, no human is fit to say that one sin, whether it be "normal" or "abnormal" is a greater sin in the eyes of God than another. A man, lusting for women and idolizing certain female features, is committing a mortal sin just as a man lusting for a man is doing. Both are serious sins and neither one is pleasing to God. Who are we to judge one worse than another?

As you say, a soul may be without sex. Whether or not that is true, we can say with complete certainty that physical characteristics are unimportant to the Lord. The following verse from 1 Sam 16:7 goes some way to describe how our souls look VS our bodies
    7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for the Lord sees not as man sees; man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”