Getting a Girlfriend

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by tylermb, Jun 25, 2014.

1. tylermb

tylermb New Fapstronaut

Hi,

My name is Tyler. My goal is to do NoFap for a month (don't masturbate until July 24th 2014). I had a tough childhood so I have always been rather submissive with girls. It seemed some of them liked me at times but I was never able to take control of the situation.

When I went to college, I started cold approaching like crazy. I didn't go to many parties so almost all of this approaching was during the daytime. I had a good streak in January when I quit for 15 days. I was able to go on 5 dates, kiss 3 girls, and makeout with 2. For a guy who's still a virgin and had a tough time adjusting to college, this was huge. Strangely, my momentum fell off since then and I started getting back into masturbation.

Over the summer, I went to my internship and tried to do cold approach there too. I ran into some of the same problems. Over here, I have been routinely quitting for 3-4 days and just recently I was able to quit for 2 weeks. This is mostly due to my busy schedule. I recently relapsed after the 2 week stint because I felt helpless about getting a girl. The rejections hurt.

I mostly attribute the rejections to my own nervousness and lack of social abilities at times. However, sometimes I feel like I will never get a girl (surprisingly that's what I felt right before I madeout with the 2 girls in January).

My main goal is to improve my life and my overall happiness by building sustainable relationships and the social skills necessary to bring new and interesting people into my life. I feel like my masturbation is holding me back because it is giving my brain a false positive. I want to quit masturbation so my only release is with a real girl so I have to learn how to build a relationship and empathy with her rather then just treading water on my own.

First and foremost, this is my own journey to improve my social/empathy skills to improve my life. But I would really like someone to share it with. I have been a narcissistic person much of my life and I'm sick of the current situation.

Please give me tips and other motivation to get over relapse and quit masturbation so I can build real relationships with people, not just my hand.

2. Breaking Fap

Breaking Fap Fapstronaut

You go to UC Berkeley?

3. Loren

Loren Guest

love your post, Tyler. Awesome goals.