Gym- Fitness lovers

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by carlo13, Jun 26, 2015.

1. I found Protein loading with GNC's banana cream very effective. I usually make a nice rice milk smoothie with a cup of protein and a frozen banana, some blueberries and two cups of rice milk. Delicious, and, as said, VERY effective. I don't eat beef, but do eat chicken and fish. I've always been thin and have had a fast metabolism. I've tried to force myself to eat filet mignon etc. but just don't like the consistency or taste of beef. During that time though, I did get a lot bigger a lot faster. So there's definitely something to the eating habit thing.

I just wished there was something I could do about this stupid injury! GRRRR! I'm so frustrated. I have no job and no coverage, so I can't even get it looked at and improving my physical health was one of my ways of avoiding PMO. I can't believe I still haven't caved with all this time on my hands. I can't believe I've even avoided smoking! It's miraculous.

2. carlo13

carlo13 Fapstronaut

How did you get injuried?

3. I went out to do intervals. Though I had some rest days within the first three days, my knee went on the fourth running day.
    It started to get better, but then I was too aggressive with my rehab, and it's hurting again. Sucks.

4. Sacrosanct|

Sacrosanct| Fapstronaut

I basically follow trainer's advice as i recently got injured when i was pulling heaving weights, rhomboidus minor most probably. I lost 72 lbs with HIIT , extreme cardio and strict diet. Until i started dieting it was all the same and i reached the breaking point numerous times. Now my goal is muscle building so i finally build a firm base for Krav Maga training. Thats my aim. Currently using BCAA , Glutamine , Phase 8 , Nitrotech and Multivitamins as per trainers advice. Usually its chest tricep combo , back & biceps and legs shoulder for 3 days alternatively and cardio , core on 4th day.

5. JethroTull

JethroTull Fapstronaut

Love this!

I recently managed to do my first pistol squat. I'm rather proud of myself.

3dwin, Sacrosanct| and carlo13 like this.
  6. Andre2807

Andre2807 Fapstronaut

My Calisthenics Routine

Day 1: Upper Body - Repeat Cycle 3 - 4 times
    6 Weighted pull ups
    6 Weighted dips
    8 Weighted chin ups
    10 Explosive push ups
    10 Explosive pull ups

Day 2: Legs - Repeat Cycle 3 - 4 times
    15 Jump squats
    10 Lunges (each leg)
    15 Vertical jumps
    15 Horizontal jumps

Day 3: Core - Repeat Cycle 3 - 4 times
    10 Hanging knee lift
    10 Hanging knee to chest lift
    6 Skin the cat
    1 min elevated plank
    1 min elevated side-plank (both sides)

Day 4: Full Body - Repeat Cycle 3 - 4 times
    6 Weighted pull ups
    15 Jump squats
    6 Weighted dips
    1 min elevated plank
    8 Weighted chin ups
    Bear Crawl

JethroTull likes this.
  7. Kiddy

Kiddy Fapstronaut

I welcome any words of wisdom. I am not the athletic type. I was never on a sports team. My only exercise is biking to work and back daily and Zumba once a week, which has helped me start to lose weight. I would like to get into building and toning muscle. My wife even suggested that I do this, but I told her that I didn't want to. I think that it takes a certain personality-type and mindset to just dive in to the world of exercise and teach yourself how to do it. I don't have any friends who could help me with this, and I don't have a lot of money to pay a trainer. If you were in my situation and didn't have any experience, how would you go about making exercise a part of your life?

8. carlo13

carlo13 Fapstronaut

I was 16 when first went to the gym. It's easy, just go there and enjoy. First it will be super stressing and difficult. Start going 3 days a week. Make it a part of your daily routine, an habit. When you will start to see changes in your body becoming stronger, it becomese addicitive

Kiddy likes this.
  9. carlo13

carlo13 Fapstronaut

@Andre2807 I've always asked my self, are calisthenics workouts enough to train your legs?

10. I would emphasize simplicity. Don't be intimidated by all the sets and routines you see online or even on this forum. Start slow and build up. 15 push-ups one day. Maybe a 10 minute flexibility session the next. The key is consistency. I don't care if you can't do a single push-up. Do girl push-ups. If you can't run or jog, walk a couple of miles each day. Something.

Exercise should be as natural to human beings as eating or breathing. We evolved from cavemen that spent a majority of their time hunting for food or finding shelter. Obesity was not an issue in those days. Now in the modern age, we have medicine and science to extend our lifespans far beyond our pre-historic ancestors. But we also have technology that makes us lazy and allows us to manufacture food abundant in trans fat and sugar - food that will pack the pounds even if you exercise religiously.

You're not going to avoid exercise. Every physician you ever meet will recommend losing a couple of pounds and zeroing in on your dietary holes before prescribing medicine. It is the most natural, inexpensive way to prevent long-term health problems.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Kiddy likes this.
  11. Andre2807

Andre2807 Fapstronaut

It depends on what you need. Calisthenics workout on leg day is enough for what I need.

12. Kiddy

Kiddy Fapstronaut

@carlo13 @Progressive Death Mettle Thank you both for your honest responses. I am glad to hear that it doesn't start out complicated. I am definitely intimidated by the complex nature of advance exercisers. Consistency is simple, but very difficult. I will think about a doable exercise routine.

13. carlo13

carlo13 Fapstronaut

Dont' worry about that @Kiddy first just learn 3, the most important, deadlift, bench and squat

Kiddy likes this.
  14. carlo13

carlo13 Fapstronaut

Good lord guys, leg doms are killing me, do you know any tip or something to make them pass?

15. 85model

85model Fapstronaut

Nothing really. Protein post workout and some stretching maybe. When you first start training legs, they hurt real bad until they get used to it.

16. Abdullah

Abdullah Guest

How about yoga. Have come across a lot of people telling about connecting mind with body and yoga helps in it. But when I tried, I get triggered. Often because of the women with skinny clothes performing it. I am not complaining about the person doing it. But in a rehabilitation program I would advise to stay away

Kiddy likes this.
  17. carlo13

carlo13 Fapstronaut

@Abdullah never thought about that, thank you mate

Abdullah likes this.
  18. Abdullah

Abdullah Guest

You are welcome

19. Well, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar did yoga at the height of his NBA career (with the LA Lakers). He credited it - along with martial arts - with salvaging his lower extremities, improving flexibility and core strength and prolonging his (20 year) NBA career. You don't have to go to some class with girls or guys. There's enough instructional vids on YouTube to get you started. I'm a tennis player. And the key to hitting powerful shots in tennis is to form a kinetic chain that starts with your foot and ends with your hitting arm. A flexible muscle is a POWERFUL muscle.