1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has it got you looking at other areas of your life?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Exit To Freedom, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Exit To Freedom

Exit To Freedom Fapstronaut

I just realized something - while we are on auto pilot struggling with this addiction, have we as a side result neglected other areas of our life and taken them for granted maybe because of our low self esteem? For me, I've been going to the gym for 9 months. I've gained some muscle and gotten stronger but I've only lost 5 lbs, pretty pathetic - I'm older so it's harder to lose weight but I think with the lack of self confidence I've put myself into a corner where I've been stuck. If I lost 20, I'd be just right. But it means changing the way I eat and how much I eat.

It's just made me much more aware of myself - when you're not struggling with this addiction you can see other ways you've remained defeated. Just like there is really no excuse here, there can be no excuse in other areas too if you decide with a clear head to move forward. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself or high and mighty like I've tended to do when I've gotten a little streak going before the "crash".

This time I'm convinced that coming here every day is the only way to rewire and get through. But it makes me aware of all these other things I've neglected. When you're not lusting, you're more aware of what needs to be done. But just food for thought - and I'll keep coming back here every day.

2. AF13298

AF13298 Fapstronaut

This is absolutely the take that I've gotten from nofap. I've been attempting for about 6 months, and whilst I've not yet reached even my first goal of 30 days (27 is my longest streak), it has had a great impact on self awareness and simply identifying other habits I have, whether good or bad. It hasn't fixed my problems, just allowed me to work on them.

Keep at it with your fitness goals, I've gone through a pretty massive weight loss myself, its just consistency and effort in the long run.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Great to hear. I look forward to a successful time here too