1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello all

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by createsmyownluck, Jun 11, 2014.

1. createsmyownluck

createsmyownluck Fapstronaut

First of all, I would like to say thank you to everyone brave enough to sign up to this site, and I am impressed with the support offered in the few posts that I have read.

I am a hard-working student but have dabbled with PMO since I was 12. I always found it slightly degrading but was easily able to kick the habit once I found a girlfriend. Now, single for nearly a year I am struggling a bit again, especially with all the free time I have in my current situation. Its just that once or twice a week when social plans don't work out and I find myself alone that I become impulsive and start with an innocent search on a search engine that can escalate into browsing explicit video after video. I usually regret these sessions and am concerned because I have been pretty successful in other areas but this area of my life seems to be the one thing that I have failed to really control. I set a goal of 21 days because I have heard that this is the length of time required to form a solid habit, but I plan to make a longer goal once I get this short one down. Just thought I'd introduce myself and say I will be here once a day, giving my support. Stay strong in the struggle.