1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by iXLR8_GTR, Apr 8, 2016.

1. iXLR8_GTR

iXLR8_GTR Fapstronaut

Hey guys! I'm iXLR8_GTR and I've known about NoFap for about a year and a half from browsing Reddit. I'm 22, and I'm currently a sophomore at UAB studying Mechanical Engineering. I've been dealing with PMO since the 8th grade. Long story short, it stemmed from one thing. Boredom. I've been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and Aspergers. My goals are to get a stronger body (look better), be more socially interactive, cut down on boredom, and going to bed at a decent time. I adore motorsports! I appreciate all racing leagues, but I mostly watch F1, IndyCar, and Nascar. I'm trying to get into WEC and Formula E. I also love racing games. I have a PS4 and if you are interested in Need for Speed, The Crew, or any other racing game, my PSN is my username. I am a HUGE Tennessee Titans fan. I put aside anything I am doing to watch/listen to a Titans game. That's about it. I hope I can get along well with you!

2. Welcome!

I would encourage you to continue to deal with your pyschiatric issues like your depression and anxiety. PMO is not a healthy way to deal with these emotions any more than it's beneficial to feed a bunch of candy bars to a diabetic. It tastes great going down, but the guilt, weight gain, and loss of blood sugar control can be devastating. So, go to therapy, take meds, get connected, and all that stuff to deal with depression/anxiety.

As for your Aspergers, you know that your brain doesn't process information in the same way as others. At times, that can be GREAT. It allows you to see perspectives and solutions that other people would be blind to. But there's a challenge to it as well, because those with Aspergers often times fixate one one or a few things to the exclusion of all else. Fixating on PMO can clearly be damaging. it also doesn't help you to gain the skills of routine social interaction and interpretation of nonverbal communication that is so elusive to so many Aspergers people. the only way to help this is to interact with people who you can build a trusting relationship with and who you allow to speak truth into your life. This can be one of those places.

Keep working on yourself. I know you're going to do great!

FPDoc