1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi. Trying retention/nofap again. (Also a small rant about social media/Reddit)

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by NF_Stronaut, Jan 28, 2024.

1. NF_Stronaut

NF_Stronaut New Fapstronaut

I don't think I've posted yet... I made this account a while ago but decided now is the time. I apologize if this post gets awkward at points but it's my own perceptions. I've reset my counter to today also...

I was one of those users brainwashed by Reddit and other social media outlets that claimed that PMO was A-OK. I still had doubts in my mind about abstaining from it even though I knew I felt better when I didn't when I tried years ago. I made it to day 28 and relapsed because I didn't have a reason for quitting.

Well, I saw that bait study (Redditors love seeing one study and believing it as the only needs for truth) on Reddit today on /r/todayilearned talking about lower risk to prostate cancer from participating in PMO, and I remembered there was contrary evidence to it...

I did some digging and I saw a post on /r/nofap from 4 years ago talking about benefits of retention and how the hormones/minerals the body absorbs from semen retention (choline, testosterone, calcium, magnesium, zinc, etc.) are in poor supply in most of the united state population. It also assists with memory, cognitive state and more which I've noted the brain fog for a long time.

Now, this could partly be due to poor diet due to fast food in addition to PMO, but there's certain hormones generated that I've learned due to dieting that are needed for additional fat burn assistance, such as testosterone (thanks Dr. Berg on Youtube!).

Anyways, I'm back at it to try again. This time with the part of my brain telling me I'm preventing cancer shut up and locked away due to over a dozen other studies citing the opposite and the benefits of retention.

(Side note: I feel saddened I just went with the crowd on reddit for so long on this idea. They use these articles and reposts as tactics to feel good about themselves so they stay within their little world, hiding away from the general populace, and generating ad revenue for their "gods" (reddit corporation and admins). I'm tired of the lies on the front page of Reddit along with other social media outlets in general, so I'm abstaining from those as well. I have had Cold Turkey Blocker for years and I'm using it again and locking my web browser up.

I've gone much longer recently without Reddit (the 3rd party app situation made me not use it for almost 3 months), but I got back due to wanting some sort of occasional social outlet for myself (BIG mistake!). I recall downloading RES and eventually filtering over 500+ subreddits due to how it's useless information for me, or "circlejerk" nonsense/garbage memes/"follow our ways or die/get out/get banned" subreddits (political/"religious" subreddits like atheism). Yes, 500+ of them. Filter one two appear in its place. The answer is to just leave. Nothing of value is there anymore.)

I look forward to reading more articles to strengthen this newly found position within myself and to continue forward and keep fighting.