1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do I Tell Her?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by We CAN Do This!, Jul 28, 2017.

1. We CAN Do This!

We CAN Do This! Fapstronaut

So this Asian girl commented on a photo of me on twitter saying I look cute. In her defense, she is very attractive.

After a while we followed each other and started talking.

Now I think she's keen on calling each other etc. and I'm a pretty realistic person, and since we live thousands of miles apart, nothing will come of this so i feel like I need to slow it down or stop it before it gets serious.

Any advice on this kind of thing?

2. Tell her you're gay.

Bestfootie1, VGV and Kazmi like this.
  3. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Be honest with her. Just say exactly what you told us: that you think she's very attractive and sweet, but that realistically there's no chance of this turning into a relationship because she's on the other side of the world, and that you're looking for a mate who's a bit more geographically desirable.

4. We CAN Do This!

That's fair enough. The problem with me is that I'm too nice and I never want to hurt anyone

5. We CAN Do This!

You're good :D but I think I'll just tell her straight as polite as possible

6. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

That's respectable ... but look at it this way: telling her the truth is much nicer than stringing her along, only to inevitably break the news to her several months from now. Honesty right here, right now is the most compassionate path.

7. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Slow what down LOL, if this is what you call fast, what do you consider slow paced?

8. We CAN Do This!

Well when I say slow it down, what i really mean is stop it completely. I mean, we only started talking yesterday so it makes sense to tell her how things are early on.

9. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I think you worry too much. . . Severe contact if needs be, but trust me, she won't care one bit. Girls only get interested when you've made significant emotional and physical investments. Chatting via twitter is nothing trust me.

10. Kazmi

Kazmi Fapstronaut

You can be a straight forward on the complement. But if you're planning to have some kind of relationship with her, I don't think that would stand a chance. Only if you watch too many romantic love movies and are willing to go far away on your titanic to other part of the world for your Repunzel. Lol :p

We CAN Do This! likes this.
  11. We CAN Do This!

Exactly, realistically nothing can happen here so it just makes sense to let her know and just check that she knows that :)

Kazmi likes this.
  12. We CAN Do This!

That is very true. I always over complicate things :D I think she will be fine, she has said herself that she felt it was weird just messaging me randomly. It'll be fine ;)

13. Kazmi

Kazmi Fapstronaut

Haha.. Bingo! :D

14. Passing glances. Direct eye contact though would be her moving too fast and grounds to seek advice on breaking contact. If she makes eye contact and says "hi" then it's clear she's looking to get married.

We CAN Do This! and ElJeffe263 like this.
  15. ManO'War

ManO'War Fapstronaut

She's probably flirting with more guys than you.

16. We CAN Do This!

I would think that's probably the case, yeah :emoji_joy:

17. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

What....what makes you say you need it to stop?
    Right now this is a few messages, you're not adopting a child! Why kill it before it can go anywhere?

18. We CAN Do This!

No, I'm not saying I want it to stop, I'm just saying I don't want her to get the wrong idea (which she did do yesterday when she asked me if we were ever going to date).