How do you make friends with other Christians?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zxcv, Aug 22, 2018.

1. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

I'm having a problem making friends with other Christians. It's weird I'm starting to make friend with other guys from work even a couple of girls. I'm starting to hang out with the guys outside of work, they starting to try to break me out of my shell. Sadly the girls aren't really helping yet, but I'm not really expecting them to. But the thing is that I want Christian friends too, but I don't really know how to make friends. I don't really know how I made friends with these guys other than working 40 hours a week with them. But I've been going to church for years without really making friends with other people. I mean I have a couple at church friends, but that actually because one of the guys from work is going to church with me some times. But I'm still having a problem making a core group of Christian friends.
    I tried hanging out with more people at church today. I was trying to hang out a little bit and tried to some sarcastic humor but it didn't really seem to go anywhere. I don't know, I don't get people.

GigglingTrout likes this.
  2. LobsterBisque

LobsterBisque Fapstronaut

Hey there. This is what helped me. Pray for good Godly friends if you haven't already. Ones that are walking in purpose. I'm naturally pretty awkward, but I joined a few ministries and it helped me too.

Hitto and GrenadierRed like this.
  3. I totally get this. Most of my life I've been too "weird and secular" to hang with the God squad but too "christian" to hang with the pagans and atheists. I think the key is to find people of good will on both sides and look at the individual. Be open to anyone who let's you be yourself, judges and challenges you only to the extent it prompts good personal growth and has time for you.

4. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

I've been doing that.

Not really built up in my church is part of the problem. Really I feel more build up from my friends at work, even though it constitutes calling each other soft and changing our wallpaper on computers to "Everyone should be a feminist." It's mostly joking around which I do like, but I also need the Christian type building up.

Really it even pisses me off sometimes because, because sermon is sometimes talking about how we should have relationship together at church and get to know and trust and each other but I tend to feel very alone at church.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Church can be very isolating at times if you don't fit the mold, which is ironic because it should be a place that loves and accepts you even if you don't fit the mold. The Beatles had a point..."the love you take is equal to the love you make" be yourself and keep putting yourself out there. Maybe try a different church if all else fails maybe they aren't quite your people.

6. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

I really don't fit any kind of mold.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.