1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to say NO

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Vir85685, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Vir85685

Vir85685 Fapstronaut

Hii guys, AI actually don't know if this thread belongs here or not but it is related to a girl so I am posting it here.

A girl asked me out today, and I don't want to be in relationship with her so I said no. But she keeps telling me to come meet her and keeps calling, messaging me.

We are old friends, though we weren't in touch with each other during covid. I don't want our friendship to break. So I want to know how to say no without being rude so we can still be friends?

P.s. this is the first time anyone has asked me out, so I don't have any experience.

you_can_UK likes this.
  2. Coub

Coub Fapstronaut

If you're in friendship with her, how do you know if she actually want to treat it as a date?

If she's stubborn you've to just talk it through. As a friend she should understand but if the she's much into you, she might also not be able to accept it and you will have to part for good. Otherwise she'll still going to wait for the proper moment to try again sooner or later.

you_can_UK likes this.
  3. Vir85685

Vir85685 Fapstronaut

Yes I did talk to her this morning. And I specifically said no & that I don't feel that way for her. She wants to meet and talk but I already have plans so I said to meet on Saturday. But she keeps on calling & messaging me.
    Should I wait for Saturday to have a face to face talk or just talk to her on phone? Though I don't know what to say.

you_can_UK likes this.
  4. I'd probably wait until Saturday and talk to her face to face, since you already set up the time to meet. Just be honest with her. Tell her she is a friend and you value her friendship but you don't have romantic feelings towards her. It's better to be honest with her and let her deal with it then trying to avoid her or not telling her. One question you should be prepared to answer is when you tell her, she is probably going to ask why you don't feel that way. Take these next couple of days to sort that answer out so that you can tell her.

you_can_UK and Vir85685 like this.
  5. She doesn't deserve right now to be in your presence. Don't change your ways for her unless you like her as a girlfriend.

Right now she's acting rude and not like a friend. She's acting like a man that pretends to be a girl's friend but deep down just wants to have sex with her.

She doesn't even deserve an explanation from you at this point tbh. Do not reply to her text she is trying to manipulate you. What if you were a girl and she a boy doing it? That will be creepy and harassment. But it's the same. You can even stop replying to her.

Consider finishing the friendship or to not seeing her so often because it seems she can't see you as a friend anymore.

Probably the friendship is over. And the more you treat her right and spend time with her the more she will fall in love of you and she will end up resentful of you for not being with her.

6. Because she has feelings for you and that gives her a dopamine rush by just texting you. It's not rational at this point. You made your point clear already you can say it one last time or make your silence do your talking. Silence speaks louder than words.

No need to see her

7. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

arent you the same guywho wanted out of friendzone that posted thread here on may? is this the same girl? from the stories it seems so, let me know haha.

you_can_UK likes this.
  8. Vir85685

Vir85685 Fapstronaut

No man if it was her why would I say no. This one is my school friend. I kinda had feeling for her in school but it was 6 years ago, and i was a teenager then, so I had feelings for every other girl. That might have due to PMO too. I don't know it's a long time ago.

you_can_UK likes this.
  9. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

aight, sounded similar, my bad. say no if you want to say no.

you_can_UK likes this.
  10. Vir85685

Vir85685 Fapstronaut

Well I already did say NO. but I think she didn't listen/read(It was on chat). Well I think I know what to do but it's just hard as it seems rude. But well keeping things will only get complicated so I will just have a talk and see what happens.

you_can_UK likes this.
  11. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

yeah, but i think jt is better to be clear in those situations, even if it hurts. just say that you are not interested in her romantically. there is nothing wrong saying what you feel, just try to find a way to not be too harsh with truth. difficult situation though.

you_can_UK likes this.
  12. Vir85685

Vir85685 Fapstronaut

Will do, sir. Thanks for the advice.

you_can_UK likes this.