How to socialize

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Peppy, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Peppy

Peppy Fapstronaut

Hey everyone!

Just like the title says. How can I get social?
    I'm a very shy/introvert person. I don't like small talk. I think it's meaningless. How's the weather etc. sounds all boring to me.
    I'm 6 days the week in the gym in which are some very attractive girls. I'd like to ask the one or other out but I don't know how or what to say or even what I can do with them if they are interested.

Any ideas how I can do it?

2. Clearminded_1234

Clearminded_1234 Fapstronaut

Sometimes you have to start with something "meaningless" to build the momentum. Your comfort zone is not doing small talk. Get out of it and just say "Good Morning" or "Hey." Build from there.

For girls you are attracted to at the gym: Just ask how many sets they have left on the machine if they are working out. Don't approach during their set. When you build your confidence up and stop jerking off you'll be able to just approach a girl without even thinking. "Hey I saw you from over there and just want to say hi." Attractive girls are still just girls. They shit and have problems like us too lol. Good luck man!

Cactus61, illLilRed and Peppy like this.
  3. bloudermilk24

bloudermilk24 Fapstronaut

yeah socialability is something i am afraid of

4. beat_it

beat_it Fapstronaut

You have to try to get to the point where you aren't afraid of rejection. If you're afraid of rejection, then it's probably best to just focus on yourself for the time being.

Also, it isn't a good idea to be fantasizing about a lady without saying something to her, because then, if she does end up rejecting you, it's only going to make the pain worse.

Peppy likes this.