Hyperlink help

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Gautama, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Gautama

Gautama Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can have save a personal hyperlink to my signature? I want to give the link a name and I don't know how to do it. Ive tried following some advice on youtube but non of it works.

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  2. 1. Write the name.
    2. Highlight the name.
    3. Click the "Link" (looks like a chain peace) image at the options menu above the text.
    4. Paste the link there.

Gautama likes this.
  3. Gautama

Thank you, that sounds easy but this didn't work - sorry.

Im trying to do what you have done with 'My first ever forum post - Introduction'

4. Weird. That's exactly how I added links in my signature. Are you sure you are doing everything right?

Ya know when you write a reply here in this thread above your written text there is option menu? Same option menu is in your signature editor. If it's not there you have messed up with settings. Click "Use Rich Text Editor" text at the left bottom of the writing space window. Then cover the mouse over the icons to find the right one. The right one should say "Link". Double check that the text you want to turn into a link is highlighted first. When you click "Link" option and a window pops up make sure that's where you post the actual link, not the name of the link. The name will be the highlighted text you've written before. Then don't forget to click "Save Changes".

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  5. Gautama

Hi Shugi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you I had to go out.

Ok, so I can't find an option menu anywhere and I also can't find the term "Use Rich Text Editor". I might be looking in the wrong place but I don't think I am based on your good instructions, so Im still at a loss. :( Thanks for trying to help though.

6. Hi!
    I was sitting here, waiting and constantly reloading the page for your reply for the last 6 hours. It's ok though. Don't worry about it.

There. Recorded specially for ya. Cos I'm nice like that:
    [​IMG]

I hope it's big enough for you to be able to see. Sorry could not make the picture larger. :rolleyes:

pale_blue_dot likes this.
  7. Gautama

Im very sorry, I wasn't aware that you were waiting for me to respond, I should have said that I needed to go out.

8. I wasn't. It was sarcasm. :D

Gautama likes this.
  9. @Gautama Is the animation I posted working for you?

Gautama likes this.
  10. Gautama

Yay!!! Ive done it, I don't think I would have done that without you so a massive thank you! ;):D

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. Sure thing! We here at NoFap never give up, lol! :D

Gautama likes this.