I am an addict for 13y and this is my first day,

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Gerbrald, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Gerbrald

Gerbrald Fapstronaut

Hi

I am new on the forum. Usually I am just a lurker (one who reads but keeps quiet). English is not my first language, but I am fairly fluent.

So far I beat two addictions, my first is WoW and gaming, I relapse 1 or 2 times a year for a week or so. Second is coffee. I used to drink a lot, now it is about one cup a month.

The reason I am here, is because I want to quit watching P. I have tried this on my own loads of times in the past 10 years. Usually twice a year by deleting my whole collection but after a few days I start it again.

Now what is diffrent this time around is that I am here! And I am making big changes that need me to plan my time more efficiently. So I dont have 1,5 hours a day to dedicate to my 'hobby'.

So I hope I can support some of you in the same journey.

greetz

2. dtm

dtm Fapstronaut

Welcome, Gerbrald! I hope that your time here will prove to be as efficient as you say. I see that you already beat two addictions, so I hope we can help you beat this third one!

May God bless you!

3. hyrwant

hyrwant Fapstronaut

Nice one mate.

Keep yourself busy by taking up new hobbies.

Do not touch your sausage and avoid any triggers :)

4. dtm

dtm Fapstronaut

I'm trying to do my best as well, I'm hoping that I'm not just giving in all of a sudden.

5. Tombuktu

Tombuktu Fapstronaut

Welcome, am new as well and have found great support here as well as on the reddit forum. Just to say that you are in good company and with people who really understand. Wishing you all the best :cool:

6. dtm

dtm Fapstronaut

Keep striving for the goal, Gerbrald. You are not only in a fight against flesh, but also of willpower. When you stop fapping, you cut your brain off from dopamine, a chemical that makes you feel good, and it will not like that. As soon as you start fapstinence, your brain will try to condition you and make you think that fapping is really alright. Try to save as much of your willpower as you possibly can, and stay away from as many triggers as possible, for we have only so much willpower to take on a certain amount of pressure. Identify as many triggers as you can and pull yourself away from them, distract yourself even.

Another thing, and it seems counter productive, but try also to distract yourself from even thinking about NoFap. I'm not saying that you should fap, no, but thinking about not fapping is the same as fapping. Forgive me if I don't come off as clear, and if you want me to elaborate further, I will do my best.

Most importantly, do not let sorrow and feelings of worthlessness overtake you, because that can also be counter productive.

Lastly, do not think of me as a drill sargeant, unless you think it is working, but think of me and everyone who comments on your thread as friends. For we would not be replying if we did not want to help you.

May God bless you! And forgive me if I do come off as harsh, I'm only concerned about your well being.

7. Gerbrald

Gerbrald Fapstronaut

Thank you everybody!

I am still on the forum and I have my first week anniversary! Jeej for me ;)

So this week I am collecting my triggers and figuring out how to remap them or just finding others stuff to do.

Thank you drill sergeant dtm. Wise words. Last weekend was tough the weather was awesome but "unfortunately" all the women looked even more appetizing then usual. It is hard not to ogle, but I did alright in my first week, I even got some smiles! (I do not get smiles for ogling)

good luck to everyone

8. dtm

dtm Fapstronaut

Keep striving for the goal, Gerbrald. On top of not thinking about not fapping, be sure that you also remember to remind yourself about why you want purity from time to time. Losing interest is as dangerous as losing heart.

Once you have found these triggers, no only should you push them away, but you should also try to forget about them, lest you be tempted to do them, and be tempted to M.

May God bless you!