1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I feel depressed being in relationship

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Paper, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Paper

Paper Fapstronaut

First two months were very nice in relationship, my gf was very attached to me, showing her love and emotions often, but now, when we don't meet, she calls me going from job being super positive, I also answer with smile and joy, but after few minutes, she gets serious, not positive, but I try to hold my positive attitude, but being positive, trying to show my care,love and emotions, I feel like a loser, I don't get any positive loving emotions back. When I stay at her place at the weekends ( I live in dormitory) , she is nicer, but lately, she feels like a acquaintance, not an friend/girlfriend. I start asking in my head if I am doing anything wrong, every time when she is serious, even this dumb thing as smiley faces I get less often, it is a small detail, but actually quite important for me. I can't start my day smiling, I feel depressed even more when I talk with my gf on phone or text...Okay, maybe she is super tired from work and studies, I try to tolerate it all, but tolerating I start having pain, she in the beginning said she doesn't like when someone is whining, asking frequently is anything okay...Her well-being is in my head all the time that I forget about mine, I ask in my head all the time if she still loves ...okay, she wants to introduce me to the parents and spend new year together...it is a good sign, but I feel like anything I say, is forced, stupid, but when I just shut up, she just hangs because there is nothing to talk about or becomes more serious....It is only 4th month in the relationship, I am very attached to this relationship, but I don't feel that emotional attachment back.

Wordinhaler likes this.
  2. l'embellie

l'embellie Fapstronaut

Ugh yeah I knooow this feeling, it is the worst. Here is the thing with relationships (from my own observations and experiences), they consider often two people and both sides should be on equilibrium for things to go right. If one side gives all the effort, attention and love, it is a no go situation. Cause that side also expects something from that other person in return. It is normal to have expectations and even high standards, so no worries. When the expectations are not met you begin to question the relationship, your partner, what might of happened (possibilities), yourself, situation and more...

Your partner has values and expectations but you sure do too. That means we all own an independent life, it is all special to us. Attaching yourself to a relationship might be easy for you but if all of your day consists only according to your gf, I don't think that's healthy. And one other point, communicating your thoughts and your feelings doesn't count as whining. Communication between couples is the key element for both sides. So she should also feel comfortable telling you about her problems. That would settle both of you on the same trust and comfort levels.

Hopefully that helped, I tried to be as transparent as possible
    Have a lovely day!

Paper likes this.
  3. 22April-24June

22April-24June Fapstronaut

I was in a similar situation where i was get a lot of affection at first but then when i got too attached and was being more loving and a bit needy, she started to pull away. I feel for a relationship to be successful the girl has to be the one who is more attached that way she is happiest when shes with you and you are happy cause you're getting all this love and affection. I would suggest you should pull back and focus on your on goals for a while and be patient when she sees you getting better as a man she will automatically want to be with you more.
    Hope this helps.
    Good luck

4. goodnice 3.0

goodnice 3.0 Fapstronaut

hey paper!! i miss seeing you

Okay i’ve read some of your posts and it’s quite obvious you are unhappy with this girl, and i think deep down you don’t want truly want to be with her and you could be upset at yourself at wasting your life force for empty pleasure on a girl you don’t truly want to spend the rest of your life with. I say empty bc it is unfulfilling, just making you more paranoid and anxious.

That’s a sign something is wrong if you’re feeling bad after sex or just feeling incompetent with your gf. i inferred and guessed a lot here, but perhaps you can see why God didn’t design sex to be had before marriage. Because you are giving yourself physically to each other but there lacks that emotional attachment as a result.

It’s better to wait till marriage since you build your foundation emotionally first

I can’t explain well why sex outside of marriage doesn’t work as well, but if you look up a guy named tim keller on podcast or youtube, he explains well

Sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way. you must be so confused. I hope whatever happens that you learn from your experiences and come out as a better man but ya she doesn’t seem like the one for you based on what you described