1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it worth it at all to have a dating life during college?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Dark Knight Rising, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

I m for number 2.
    I work on myself and one day i hope i will master myself.When time comes and when i meet the girl who i think is worth i will give everything i can.

sfmark12, Action and Lilla_My like this.
  2. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

My bad, sometimes I read too quickly.

3. Well, first of all, thank you for writing such an extense answer.

Agree, I was making a different point.

I think you got a little bit off-topic. I was talking about dating, and you are talking about human relationships in general.
    Besides, I'm not dealing with a confrontation of values (focusing on myself in an egotistical way versus getting involved with others). My long-term goals are all about helping society. This is just about logistics, how to use time in an efficient way at this particular moment.
    Dating is kind of complicated to me because I'm a bodybuilder. I live a pretty boring lifestyle (boring according to social standards, I actually love it) which makes it impossible for me to do things like go to nightclubs (or even restaurants) on a regular basis.

4. I actually get it xD. I think we have pretty much the same mindset.
    But in this forum I'm open to self-criticism.

Action and Lilla_My like this.
  5. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

I hope you understand that I wasn't referring to you personally. I'm sure you are a bright young man with your head screwed on straight.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Action and Dark Knight Rising like this.
  6. SirWanksalot

SirWanksalot Fapstronaut

In your first post you wrote about "dating life" and that to you, human connection is as important as sex and asked whether or not you should give this up for the time being.

What was your question about then?
    If it was about clubbing and partying all night --> every now and then in moderation but not as a lifestyle.
    If it was about human connection --> absolutely go for it and learn and explore as much as you can.

Also, in my 20's I worked as a personal trainer for many years and even have some clients still despite working on something else at this point. Working out has always been a big part of my life and I had and have a highly active dating-life which completely excludes clubs and stuff like that. Seems like when it comes to dating for most guys the ideas don't go far beyond Tinder, clubs and immediate social circle.

Action and Dark Knight Rising like this.