1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there hope?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Amaterasus, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Amaterasus

Amaterasus Fapstronaut

So im reaching out to all of you, both SO:s and you how struggle with addiction. And yea the question are, is there hope in our situation?

Does that want a more full story i got a journal in the SO journal section. For the rest i thought i would make a short summary.

We have been working on this for more then a year, i found out about it way before that but it took time before he admited that he had a problem.

During that time we have had loads of up and downs, and for a while things where looking like they where getting better. But for the last few months things have been going downhill. The relapses have been longer, deeper and he have done all he can to hide them and denied them when asked about it. In addition to that he have had other addiction related problems, like spending big amount of money.

Im asking for advice now for a few reasons, in at the limit for what i can take and adding to that we are having a baby girl in November. And i dont want her to be affected by this.

And im so unsure of how we are gona get trough this when he more or less always lies. How do i work with someone that doesnt want to work with me? Cuse sure i can set boundries and consequenses but it doesnt matter when the other person does all he can to go around them. All it does is adding to the cat and mouse game thats allready going on at home.

So has anyone had the same problem but got pased it? And in that case how?

2. melonka

melonka Fapstronaut

I don't know your case. It took me two years to realise that he has problem, one year to convince that he may have a problem and get him to work a bit with it but took two more for him to fully realise that he has a problem and now he truly works on that.
    But he never lied. But he was tempted to lie as I couldn't handle the answers.