IT CHANGES EVERYTHING

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Love is why many of us are saved. We accepted Christ and felt His awesome love and we believed. Furthermore, Christ died on the cross for us because He loved us so much.

1 John 3 talks about obedience and love

6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.”

Many of you are tired of me saying we should go to war with all sin. But would I say it more often if I really understood First John 3?

My favorite book about quitting, “What the Bible Says About Addiction,” said the following regarding this passage:

“Another passage that to me says “Continue in sin and really bad things will happen.” Why is God so ticked off about sin? Is it the destruction it causes that raises His ire? Is it the demons that sin drags into your life that upsets Him? Is it wrecked relationships that sin causes that give Him pause? Wrecked health, wrecked wealth, wrecked goals, wrecked future or is it wrecked everything?

Key Point: “The reason God hates sin is because it wrecks everything.”

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.”

The Bible says - if we don't love others (especially Christians) we are not of God.

11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.”

God keeps saying, “We should love one another.”

14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

I will have more on this tomorrow, but we need more obedience and more love.

Pray: “Father, fill me with your love, and help me to focus on obedience.”

I plan to pray this prayer several thousand times. Remember: Every time we repeat a prayer it must be with full repentance, sincerity, and a full desire to change. Praying this prayer is a plea to God for help, and it reminds me of my plan, focus, and dedication to doing things God's way.

Lastly, tomorrow we will talk about the awesome reward that is given for those who focus on doing things God's way.

What the Bible Says About Addiction link https://www.amazon.com/WHAT-BIBLE-SAYS-ABOUT-ADDICTION-ebook/dp/B019ECLVY8/ref=sr_1_2?crid=30KOQ8MAR8125&keywords=what+the+bible+says+about+addiction&qid=1645045568&sprefix=what+the+bibles+says+about+addiction,aps,223&sr=8-2