1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

It's Like Dieting

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Some people diet long-term and don't eat much real food. They restrict calories, but they are almost malnourished. Then, when they try to eat normally again, bad things happen. Instead, others diet with skinless chicken, vegetables, and some fruit. With this method, they stay nourished and might have less trouble when they eat normally again.

Quitting is the same. We can and should starve ourselves from temptation. But we need to put healthy things into our minds to replace our old thoughts. Quitting is 51% what we do and 49% what we stop doing.

Second, replace habitual thoughts with one of the fruits of the Spirit. Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

This month I am trying to pray:

“Father, fill me with Your love,” 30 to 50 times per day. Hopefully, I will make doing that a habit. Today I am reading “Brave Love” to learn about love. Today consider searching “Verses Love”

Third, we are either fighting to have good thoughts or darkness will keep its foothold in our lives. When we pray about love or another fruit of the Spirit, the power of the Holy Spirit increases, and, the Holy Spirit takes up more room in us leaving less room for bad things.

Fourth, if lust thoughts plague you consider praying with every bad thought:

“Father, take away this spirit of lust and fill me with Your love.”

Fifth, if love is your strength pray urgently about self-control or some other fruit. The key point is to pray urgently about positive change so that the Holy Spirit increases in us and starts “Squeezing the darkness out.”

Today, plan how you will fight so that you will fight in a way that gets you extra help.