Loneliness gets me almost every time

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by bm12, Nov 16, 2015.

1. bm12

bm12 Fapstronaut

Last year around this time my now ex-wife left me and took my 3 kids. Now I spend most of my days alone and missing my family. For more than a decade now I have treated emotions that are difficult to deal with PMO. Of course that never works accept for maybe the hour I'm actually acting out. In that hour (sometimes more) I forget about pain in my life. Tonight will be a 7 day no PMO streak. I'm sitting alone in my house and the weather outside is rainy and gloomy. This is the perfect atmosphere to cover up my pain with PMO and honestly I kind of want to.

2. cuddler

cuddler Fapstronaut

Start a new life..

3. GentleBeast

GentleBeast Fapstronaut

Stay strong brother! Find something to do, distract yourself! Get out of the house if the hour is respectable; if not, try reading a book, listening to music, watching a movie (one that's hopefully fairly clean), or going to sleep. If you know ahead of time you're going to be alone at your home for set periods of time, plan your time so that you always have something to do that doesn't involve being on the computer. Set up a filter on your computer to make it a bit harder to give in- K9 works great, plus it's free.
    No matter what, know this: it does get better! Don't look at this as one big mountain to overcome, just take it day by day. Your focus just needs to be on finishing your current day PMO free, then go to sleep and repeat tomorrow. Starting a journal on the journal section of Nofap might help maintain focus. You'll never regret not giving in, I promise you. We're with you every step of the way.

bm12 likes this.
  4. bm12

bm12 Fapstronaut

I appreciate your advice and encouragement GentleBeast. I'm using it and still fighting against my desires. If I'm just looking at each day, then today's goal is to make it to "8 days."

5. bm12

bm12 Fapstronaut

Where is the "journal section" on the site?

6. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

Hi, I feel mega lonely too :) It sucks big time eh?