1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lonely but not? I want friends but enjoy not having friends? Not sure what i want...(Vent?)

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by RobFromBrum, Mar 26, 2024.

1. RobFromBrum

RobFromBrum New Fapstronaut

I'm not sure how I should start this or anything and my GCSEs for English weren't great so it might go from thought to thought and get confusing, I Apologise :emoji_sweat_smile:

I'm in a committed gay relationship (6+ Yrs) and I'm still madly in love with him so I don't think its anything to do with not being happy in my relationship.

The problem I guess I've been having is that I'd love to be able to go out with mates, do activities and talk about stuff that I wouldn't necessarily would with my OH or opinions he don't share such as Hobbies, Music, and other general stuff. It's not that I cant talk about these things with him but if there's something he's not interested in talking about or doing then I feel stuck because there's no one else. But at the same time I've had a few close friends in the past and then fell out with them because of other reasons, and I feel like I don't have the time or energy to have friends because I would rather invest that into my relationship if that makes sense...

I'm not sure what to do, where to meet new people and I also feel like trying to find/meet friends comes off a bit wrong and worried my OH might think I'm trying to talk/flirt with other guys etc...

cyberman likes this.
  2. Why not explain to him your intentions to avoid confusion? Express how you feel to him and then if you want, seek out fulfilling friendly relationships.

RobFromBrum likes this.