1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Long hair as a guy

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 12, 2017.

1. I am a metalhead and I plan to grow my hair long (and to dye it black and making it flat cuz I have curly hair). Any guys here who have grown their hair long? Because I haven't been at a barber's shop for 9 months and my hair isn't that long as i thought it would be (like 4 inch back from the ear down but only if I comb my hair there - combing curly hair hurts A LOT).

What can I do to let it grow faster?

2. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Listen to even more metal :)

This will help it grow.

3. @Pluto, what metal bands are you into?
    Think it's cool you are into metal at your age. I thought all you millenials/ generation snowflake :) kids just liked sh*t like Drake and Taylor Swift. Good to see people still like proper music...
    Yours Truly an unapologetic GenX-er...

ZenoStyleLogic and Star Lord like this.
  4. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

It doesn't seem to have helped him. Maybe the dragon ate all his hair.

ZenoStyleLogic and Star Lord like this.
  5. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I have long hair. It took me ages to grow because I cut it off too often. It still looked like shit during that time. It took me about two years I think.

mnemonic_lattice and Star Lord like this.
  6. This RHCP video is a bit of a p-sub for me, but I'll share it anyways: (It's a song about heroin addiction - so somewhat topical for us addicts).

I love John Frusciante. Good thing my husband tries to play guitar like him :) Makes life a bit easier.
    But my husband has a job in an office so he can't keep his hair like that... shame.

Star Lord likes this.
  7. You don't want to even know

Yeah 95% of the millenials listen to this mass produced shit without any deep sense

Okay, no methods to let my hair grow faster?

Star Lord likes this.
  8. Well, perhaps some pseudoscience.
    1) shave your head, I swear hair grows faster when it's shorter. But this is counterproductive to your aims
    2) move somewhere cold, I think hair tends to exist to keep us warm. I believe that's why some races are hairier than other. I'm basing this on nothing except observation!
    3) guy an aloe vera plant and put this in your hair, maybe that's just to make hair thicker rather than grow faster. My mother did this to me as a child, but I think it was just snake oil.
    Hope that helps, but I doubt it will!

Star Lord and Pluto like this.
  9. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Comb your hair after washing when they are still wet it will be a lot easier and hurt a lot less.

Star Lord likes this.
  10. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I can't comb my hair. It's like prickly grass.

11. It would work theoretically, BUT: I will look like shit after then. If I comb my hair the ends of my hair will roll up, so that I will look very girlish. So I don't comb them and let them be curly

12. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

I read somewhere that if you shit on your head everyday the hair will grow 5x faster (similar to fertilizing a field). It might be actually even 7x if you have high quality stuff.
    But it will only work if you post photo here every day.
    @mnemonic_lattice great call with the cold!

OP, you dont even need to move to get those "cold benefits". Just put your freezer on the ground, take shelves out and you can sleep there every night comfortably like Dracula in the coffin.

What is the best you can even combine the fertilizing advice with a freezer and you wont even smell it when it froze. That is total win-win and a great way how to multiply your hair-gains.

PS @mnemonic_lattice I want to correct this small mistake: most hairy men are from India, Pakistan, Bengali whereas country with most blond men in population is Sweden ( or whole Scandinavia region in general) and it was scientifically proven that naturally blond people (men&women) have the least body hair. Other than this small mistake great analyzing and deductive skills!

mnemonic_lattice likes this.
  13. ZenoStyleLogic

ZenoStyleLogic Fapstronaut

14. ZenoStyleLogic

15. I used to wear my hair long, but it got annoying. Headaches from the weight of my hair pulling at my scalp, especially when I put it up. Clogging up the shower drain all the time...

ZenoStyleLogic likes this.
  16. ZenoStyleLogic

I'm a conscious metal semi-head these days. I have shorter hair today.

When I was in middle school I had a white boy 'fro for a year or two and in high school I grew it out kinda long and parted it down the middle but it looked super funky because my hair is curly as it gets longer. My nickname was 'fro in middle school and for a couple years before I got dreads in high school some people called me 'weird hair dude'. I was a hippy up until senior year when all hell broke loose and I became a fucking vigilante gangsta wanksta after doing cocaine daily for some time as a hippy.

[​IMG]