1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lonliness is underrated

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jun 24, 2019.

1. I want to wake up alone.
    I want to get my breakfast alone.
    I want to work all day then drive home. Then eat dinner alone.
    I want to watch tv alone and go to sleep alone.

I guess that's life. Grass always seems greener on the other side. Sometimes it is... But alot of times it's not.
    I don't know what it means to "have it made" I don't think I ever will.
    Two out of three of my happiest moments
    In life were just me..the other one..

I don't really know what my purpose of posting this is to you guys..
    Is it to be happy with what you have?
    Idk.
    You have to be happy with you..no one else will fill that void..at first they will. You'll feel better about yourself.. but that's temporary. Then you'll keep trying to make them give your life meaning. It's easy to waste a summer, a year...or however long.. looking for meaning where there is none.

2. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Of course, being alone and lonely are two different things. People who are always hanging around with others may still be lonely anyway. OTOH time alone may sometimes make for better connection and communication when you do talk to other people.

3. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

I'd say solitude is underrated, but if by that one understands loneliness, then that works too.

Carl Jung and Friedrich Nietzsche are known for spending long times in solitude.

Einstein, Bach, Goethe, Thoreau and many many others are know for walking long hours alone, contemplating in mental solitude.

I gather one can learn something from such people, to embrace solitude.

Kiz Whalifa and Awedouble like this.
  4. I remember being in college and driving my car with windows down. Music up.

Now...I very rarely turn the music on and tend to keep the windows up. I like the quiet. Too much noise in the world

Deleted Account, u376, Xhiddy and 3 others like this.
  5. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I agree with that! Far too much noise from not only the surroundings (if you live in a city) and especially from the people who have no reason to as they rarely have anything of value or interesting to say. In almost every single setting, I have noticed that people who talk the most (without giving the word to anyone else) have so many uninteresting things to say that I barely notice the few words of importance they actually try to convey as I have shut them off long time ago.

6. I stopped in for a drink after work one night...
    Usually this bar is on the quiet side. guy to my left proceeded to tell me red wine leads to morning sex (I do not want morning sex. I want an egg McMuffin) he then subtlety criticized my choice of my beer. But approved of my choice of shot. Because I clearly need his approval or disapproval on that.
    Gentlemen to my right... He was ok. Lonely old man. Went on about his favourite model from the price is right. I had some respect for him. He was at least polite.
    I didn't stay long because i was tired of listening to them.
    Yes when you sit at the bar expect conversation.
    Anyways that's my rant.

7. you want only pleasant conversation? life is not that biased, you'll have conversation good or bad sometimes. I think you are not lonely enough to crave any sort of conversation so don't misjudge your situation.

8. My job is to essentially maintain pleasant conversation. Sometimes 60 hrs a week. There are times when I want Zero conversation

9. i sympathise you for your job bro not loneliness, as you are not.

10. I suppose being alone or unaccompanied are different than loneliness.

11. Title of threat is loneliness not being alone or unaccompanied.

12. My apologies, mi lord.

13. is your counter all correct? if yes that is good progress mate.

14. I like being alone too. Pretty sure being alone too much isn't good for you though.