1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Losing hope in love

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by SorryWontSayIt, Oct 2, 2018.

1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hi,

So this may come of a bit weird since I have talked about MGTOW in an other post.
    (For those who wonder what MGTOW is: It is where where live by the "rule" of
    "Men going their own way". This means that you live a life where you don't want to get into a relationship to become the best version of yourself and reach ever goal you have).

I like a lot of the idea behind it, but not all of it. I guess one of the reasons why I like the idea, is that I ofcours want to improve myself every day. But at the same time, I feel like it is "forced". I don't want to live alone forever.

Even tho, have you guys ever lost hope on finding love? I have in many way been a "oneitis" a long time in my life, but I have tried to change the view that there are many perfect fits for one person. Still I kind of find myself losing a bit hope on finding love every day.

I have always been a hard working person, a person who likes to be social, have friends of opposit sex, etc. Still I can't find love. I have often told me that I should maybe try to lower my standards, but would I really be happy then? What if my standards are actually just fine?

May be the flatline days going on with me, but would still love some advice!
    I have currently been very happy lately (except for the flatline stuff) - But would love to share my life with someone.
    Any advice on getting a bit of hopes up again?

2. Answer to your first question is YES , Being single and not having to many options at the present time can be tough to get over I know that one personaly . It all comes down to old school tough love advice , its the kind of advice I didn't want to follow for years becaue I just wanted some attractive women to approach me and that never happened so I had to take a long look in the mirror and change , so here it is GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE OR APARTMENT AND START TALKING TO WOMEN ASKING THEM OUT THERE NOT GOING TO JUST SHOW UP OUT OF NOWERE AT YOUR DOOR IN A BIKINI CARRING A PIZZA, Go to stores public gatherings events and start talking THAT GETS THE BALL ROLLING

Blackest Bile likes this.
  3. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

Relax. Continue to reboot. Return to these questions with a fresh perspective after 100+ days. Cheers!

4. HereAndThere

HereAndThere Fapstronaut

Both paths are valid and justified. It depends on your personal priorities, reboot might help with sorting them out. If you decide to go with having stable relationships you will have to deal with valid MGTOW arguments and vice versa.

5. mohamed443

mohamed443 New Fapstronaut

6. Blackest Bile

Blackest Bile Fapstronaut

I’ve always wanted to be in a relation ship. But it tooked me a WHILE to finally met my soulmate. Thing is, after 8 months it was over. She was mean and actually didn’t really cared about me. I’m here now, again, lonely. Indon’t even know what I actually want anymore. I’m more scared than love than bein single. But I don’t like being lonely. It’s hard man I get you (your perspective). It makes sence. In my opinion, go out, and try tonexperiment talking to girls. Maybe one we’ll make you change your mind. Love is beautiful. It can push you to do amazing thing. Having someone to cheet you up in your life goals/battle is something to think of! Be strong my friend. I’m sure you’ll find what to do. Take your time. Life is beautiful. Everything will turn out how it should be if you keep being determinated!

Iceberg likes this.
  7. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks for all replys!

I guess this quote really explains it all very well "Love is the most beautiful thing to have, hardest thing to earn and the most painful thing to lose".

I know my family and friends love me and I love them (but in this case I talk about having a partner). Regarding having a partner I know it is the most beautiful thing to have and it requiers work to get there (a lot more then I still know and what I thougth in my first relationship. But damn, it really was the most painful thing to lose in my entire life!

I will try not to give up, I won't change my values or standards - I will just try be more patient. I know if I change my standards or values I would not really be happy with the relationship. I have already met girl with the same values and standards as me, so there should be more girls like that, I just have to wait and try get a more out there.

Currently I will try focus on myself to keep my mind a bit more busy, and hopefully I will find a lovely girl while doing so :,)

8. SorryWontSayIt

I just wanted to add a short post.

I started thinking to myself how my life currently is and how it would be if I had a girlfriend. I started to look at how busy my life currently is already, I don't actually think that I would have time to have a good relationship with a partner now. Maybe in six months I will most likely have the time. But the next 2-3 months I won't have the time. Some days I don't even have the time to do my favorite activities. I have not been able to party at all the last month, which is something I would enjoy to do once or twice each month.

But my life have been to busy. So I have started asking myself why the fuck would I want and why the hell have I been crying so much about finding love the last days? I don't even have time for it, so why do I even want it? So I will stop looking for it the next months until I have a bit more time on my hand. But if there by any chance comes a girl into my life who I think can be a good fit, I will have to make it clear to her - how busy I am the next few months. Or it won't work.

Makes it a lot easier for me to move on from the idea of having a girlfriend now. Again thansk for all support! :) Will keep improving myself till the day I find a person that can be a good fit for me!