Lying to my Love

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by GoliathSlayer, Apr 22, 2014.

1. GoliathSlayer

GoliathSlayer New Fapstronaut

So after six years I have tried to overcome this disease which just overtakes me at my mind's weakest moments. I try to hold it off, but it always resurfaces and ravages me. It takes me in the moment and then I'm filled with spite and wroth upon its completion. I am addicted and I need to break it because for the longest time. I used to think it was for my own benefit but since I found a person I feel I could spend my life with, I know now its for us. But even though I have told her about it and my struggle with it, I still cannot overcome it. So I am trying what every resource tells me is the greatest and most helpful community to help with this and pray I am finally healed in the process.

2. Dogwood

Dogwood Fapstronaut

3. SlimSeanie

SlimSeanie Fapstronaut

Hey there. As you know (because I am on this forum and my counter shows that I just messed up) I am struggling with the same addiction. That is very brave of you to tell her about it. I am not strong enough to speak out to people about it. There are so many of us out here struggling with you. Just remember you are never alone. I dont know much about you, but you seem strong and willing. I believe that you can do this and if you believe that too it will help. It's not only about overcoming our addictions. It's also about overcoming that part of our brain that doesn't want us to succeed. That part of our brain that tricks us into thinking it's a good idea. Without that part of us telling ourselves to do the wrong thing, there would be no addiction. Start with your head. Weaken that part of your brain that tells you to do it. You can make your will power stronger by resisting. Even if you do give in eventually, resist as long as you possibly can. If you know that you are going to mess up wait a minute more to mess up. Build up that resistance until one day there is nothing to resist against

4. 123@@@

123@@@ Fapstronaut

My story is similar to yours. You can get help from your gf and us. However, it always comes to you at the end of the day.

You must fight for yourself.
    You must stay strong so that you can protect your darling.
    You must face yourself which is the biggest enemy.
    We are supporting you bro!