1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Making love vs casual sex

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Wayfindertw, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Wayfindertw

Wayfindertw Fapstronaut

I'm a 20 year old virgin boy and I wonder the feeling of having casual sex and the girl you like or love. Are they different? If so, how?

Atlanticus likes this.
  2. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

That depends how you and your partner do it ;)

A one night stand is typically a bit more awkward because you don't know each other's preferences, it will usually feel less intimate.
    But you and the girl could fall in love the same night you meet and go home and the sex will be as passionate as if you have been lovers for years.

Sex with a long term partner is more comfortable and there is a greater emphasis on the bonding experience and trust, connection and communication etc.
    However, it can become a routine if you fall out of love and you might even reach a point when you have a "dead bedroom".

3. phwrancesco

phwrancesco Fapstronaut

love and casual sex is the same thing folks, wake the f_@k up!

i agree with @overclocked , there are some technical differences but both are great and healthy!

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. *fuck

5. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

It's the meaning you bring to the act that makes the difference; the act itself just gives you the same physical sensations; love makes it dimensions more profound.

If you've ever been in love -- not like -- you'll find it's like night and day ... or at least black-n-white versus polychrome. So... for now... don't worry about it... just become a truly loving person... which, of course, means... we first gotta....... REBOOT!!! That's what's up!:)

Good luck!

6. RedGryphon

RedGryphon Fapstronaut

It can depend on you as a person. Some people don't see or know or feel a difference, which is completely fine. And neither is better than the other, it depends on what you like or what you prefer. But the way I see it, there is a big difference.

7. AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222 Fapstronaut

I think there is a massive difference between the two. Causal sex, or just hooking up, is a physical only experience.

Making love is a full body, mind, heart, and soul connection you share with another person that makes your relationship stronger and healthier.

I think causal sex, while enjoyable and pleasurable in the moment causes a lot of long-term issues between you and the other person. It just complicates things that shouldn't be. I speak from experience and wishing that I hadn't had those experiences because it really screwed up my brains and feelings.

8. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I respectfully disagree, as I think sex is always a bit awkward in the beginning, no matter how much you love someone - you need to get to know their preferences as well, and not only "get to know" their preferences, but also start to "feel" their rhythm, sort of.

Deleted Account and AUTiger7222 like this.
  9. As someone who lost their virginity to a woman that I didn't even 'like' - she was a friend who unanimously decided to give me a 'pity fuck' - I'd really like to suggest you not have your first time be with someone you can't at least have a pleasant fantasy of. I never 'imagined' my first time because I was still too caught-up in getting my first kiss. I was one of those 'romantic' guys that girls 'say' they want. I wanted to do the whole flowers and dating and holding hands cliche, and have a great first kiss. My first kiss ended up being with the aforementioned friend who was going through her own issues and was sending me all sorts of mixed-messages for about a fortnight before hand.

Oh, and it was about an hour before we had sex for the first time.

I won't say it was a bad experience, but it wasn't a good one. I wasn't attracted to her, she made little real effort, and the sex felt vanilla. We had sex several times and I never once ejaculated. For a long time I was angry with her for messing with me so badly, but now I just couldn't be bothered. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'd forgive her, but I'd probably ignore her if I ever saw her again.

Whether you first time is with a partner you've spent weeks building rapport with, or with someone who you've just met and found chemistry, please let it be with someone you at least like! I don't mean settle down and start a relationship - just someone you can look at and think "she's cool, we could really connect".

AUTiger7222 likes this.
  10. RedGryphon

RedGryphon Fapstronaut

I'm really sorry you had to go through all that. You sound like a nice guy who deserves a really decent girl. I hope life gets better for you. And I totally agree with your advice. Doing it with a stranger or someone you don't care for is not the way to go for your first time around.

tet2vd likes this.
  11. I am accepting that I am nice guy, an awesome guy. Whether I meet that girl or not isn't a great deal. After many years of solitude, and a decade of marriage to a great person that is just a terrible match for me, I think I'm at a point where I want relations with people who are willing to explore just what can be done. Dom, kink, BDSM, call it what you will - it's something I've always felt attracted towards but never been with someone who is comfortable with it. There are whole stack of things out there I want to explore, and a whole stack of women who want a guy like me.

Probably not the best place to talk about these sorts of things, but I've found that my being up-front and honest works out better for everyone.

RedGryphon likes this.