1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Making my meetings

A place for rebooters to meet and discuss 12-Step programs in conjunction with their reboot

1. goodfriendjps

goodfriendjps Fapstronaut

I am, as I suppose many in this forum are, a member of Sex Addicts Anonymous. This group has been helpful to me and I must make a better commitment to make my meetings. I am a sex addict. I have worked through steps 1 through 10. I'm about to the point where I would like to begin sponsoring. I know that the 12th step doesn't require perfection but I do want to be more sober before engaging other sex addicts and encouraging recovery. I would appreciate any accountability that you have to offer. Let me know if you're making meetings. Do you go on phone meetings or in person meetings? What fellowships are you members of?

2. Gratefulforchange

Gratefulforchange Fapstronaut

Good morning. So glad you have found recovery! I have been a member (successful) of may 12 Step programs over the years. I am currently doing
    Alanon and spent years in SAA. (moderate success)
    I was taught to sponsor someone I only need to be one step ahead. If you have worked through step 10, you have a working knowledge to share. Sponsorship is the best way to ensure I stay sober.
    I see there is not as much activity on this forum as I had hoped. If you want to chat about steps or recovery, I would love to have a running conversation!
    Reach out or reply. I hope you are doing well!