Married with family but still feel lonely

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by PaulD2000, Mar 8, 2022.

1. PaulD2000

PaulD2000 Fapstronaut

Hi Guys,

I've got great kids and wife but I can't share this 'men's' stuff that I do on here. I miss not having a good mate I can bond with and tell things to.
    Do you guys think masturbation is linked to loneliness?

2. TheRebuild

TheRebuild Fapstronaut

Yes. It makes us withdrawn, secretive and builds shame.

So the question is, why can't we share this stuff with our partners? Wives and husbands are mean't to be our life partners and best friends so why can't we discuss our masturbation or sexual desires with them? Why do we feel the need to hide it from them?

3. PaulD2000

PaulD2000 Fapstronaut

We are both catholic and she has been sheltered sex wise, I'm the only man she's had. I know what you are saying makes sense but I just feel she wouldn't understand if I talked about my wants and urges.

4. nfpexperiment

nfpexperiment Fapstronaut

So you are catholic, does that mean you cannot use contraceptives ? I have heard the catholic church forbids it. Other christian denominations allow the use, because their view is, sex is not only for procreation but also for recreation. So if you can't use contraceptive I understand how will you have sex for recreation because unwanted pregnancy is economical problem nowadays.

5. PaulD2000

PaulD2000 Fapstronaut

Thing have changed a lot and the contraception rule is outdated here in Ireland now. I don't know anyone that would not use contraception or use sex only for procreation because of their catholic religion. A generation ago was a different story, I can't image they ever used contraception (my uncle had 16 kids), but of course because they were my parents, sex was purely for procreation purposes, lol.

Armin1 likes this.