1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Moderation

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Biblical Paul was a great example of purity and courage, and he practiced moderation. The great question is... can we increase our pleasure through excess? I would say that people who don't drink or who drink with careful moderation are the ones who end up with the best lives. That the people who eat only a half piece of cake, or who only focus on money until they have enough, or who only buy stuff when it is really needed. They are the ones on the road to finding happiness.

Why does the Bible say “Let your moderation be known to everyone.” Probably because excess leads to sin. Probably because moderation allows us to be fruitful which leads to fullness of joy.

Pray: “Father, help me to be moderate.”

Practicing moderation with drinking, eating, money, TV watching, stuff, and everything else gives the Holy Spirit more space. When we give Him more space he changes us.

When we focus on purity and moderation we can then start down a road towards lighting up the world as Paul did.

Pray: “Father, fill me with Your courage so that I can do what you want me to do.”

Many of us would be willing to be moderate for the next few weeks if we knew that the Holy Spirit would shine through us to help 5 people, 6 months from now.

Really, that is why we quit and change. So that the Holy Spirit can light us up to shine brightly in a very dark world.

Animewario likes this.