1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My Attraction to the Phrase "It's Okay"

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by dogeatdog, Jan 28, 2020.

1. dogeatdog

dogeatdog Fapstronaut

Does anyone else experience this? I read a bunch of articles on dealing with anxiety a while back when I had to deal with something and learnt that the phrase "it's okay" supposedly won't help people at all. However, I seem to find it really assuring and are instantly attracted to women who say this phrase to me especially in a nurturing and understanding voice. Come to think about it, I'm extremely attracted to nurturing and 'maternal' women. When someone whispers this phrase to me when I'm nervous it really calms me down and makes me feel loved. Does anyone know as to why this is?

Coffee Candy likes this.

2. Might be a coping mechanism that your body has decided to comfort to?
    It's kind of like when you hear a song and a certain lyrical line makes you feel at ease for some reason. There's a few songs I listen to every now and then and I feel some comfort from that line actually. I remember listening to it as a kid and that it hit me years ago. Maybe it stays with us from a memory and just has connected our bodies to be okay after this phrase or word.

dogeatdog likes this.
  3. dogeatdog

dogeatdog Fapstronaut

I don't really remember anyone saying this to me when I was young. In fact, when my parents use this phrase on me it doesn't make me feel better at all. It makes sense though as a lot of songs I listened to growing up makes me feel a lot better.

4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

"It's NOT okay".

dogeatdog likes this.
  5. dogeatdog

dogeatdog Fapstronaut

Why so?

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I don't know, I just imagine my middle school teacher telling me I was wrong.

dogeatdog likes this.

7. Yeah I hear you. This kind of reminds me of the 1-2-3 count to make somebody stop doing something as a kid. I remember I worked in retail at a clothing store and I've seen this failed so many times and the kid just got frustrated and more angered at the parent. I remember variously only a few times it has worked. But oh man did the parents get mad from the times it didn't. Maybe its the vibration of the voice saying "It's okay." and especially who it is that makes you feel comforted.

dogeatdog likes this.
  8. Everyone's different mate! What works for you, may or may not work for me. It's simple.

dogeatdog likes this.