1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My brief story

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Djb575, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Djb575

Djb575 Fapstronaut

Hi all. I'm grateful this fourm exists. For years I would act out, but I never thought I was addicted. I never thought I could be addicted to anything. It took my therapist to shed light on this for me.
    Over the past 2 years or so, I've medicated my current relationship with PMO. Once a day, sometimes twice a day, for a couple of weeks, take a day off then start the cycle again. It's taken a toll on my relationship. I've used it to calm the depressing situation I'm in and being a codependent , this is what I do. I recently came off 11 days of abstinence which i was extremely proud of but some triggers and anger caused me to slip twice this week. I started to see the benefits of abstinence in the days I was sober, relating to women, looking at them as people and not objects. I can see great things when I remain abstinent.

Thanks all , and once again this fourm and website is a gift to me.

2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

3. Djb575

Djb575 Fapstronaut

Thanks. I use whatever I can. Read, I attend meetings, and I tell myself that the addiction is keeping me stuck and keeping me from feeling my true feelings.

I'm open to any other strategies anyone on this fourm may have.

4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut