1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My Grandma

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Daggertail19, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Daggertail19

Daggertail19 Fapstronaut

Hello all,

For the past several years, my grandma has been battling Alzheimer's and Dementia. She speaks Arabic and no English, and although I know how to speak Arabic there has always been a little bit of a language barrier. I can't even remember when it started, or how it was like. All I remember is what she use to be like. She was so caring and nurturing towards me and my 2 brothers, especially when we were kids. She cooked, cleaned, bathed us, all while my parents were working. I love my grandma.

It is so hard to see her like this, and even harder when my Mom asks me to help her pick my grandma up when she is on the toilet. Or when we have to move her in her bed. I do what I can to help though.

I don't even know where I am going with this post, but I have been thinking about her a lot and doing my best not to cry about it. Especially in front of my Mom. This disease is terrible, I don't talk to anyone about it and needed to let things out.

Thanks for reading.

ELITE2BE and alxmarq like this.
  2. Don't worry bro is the best thing you should have done to let it all out because it seems your grandma is a mother for you.

ELITE2BE and Daggertail19 like this.
  3. I sympathise so much. This is one of the most (bitter)sweetest message I've seen on this site and my heart is heavy for you. I lost my grandpa recently on December 28th so I too have some pain that is still vivid and I lost my first grandma in 2014, which ended up being the reason I decided to change my life around and start NoFap. I know I can't say much to comfort you but at least it seems that you are doing everything right and that is incredibly positive. Your pain is very valid and I appreciate that you are able to find some solace on sharing your thoughts here. All the best to you and your grandmother, I really hope so.

Daggertail19 and ELITE2BE like this.
  4. Daggertail19

Daggertail19 Fapstronaut

Your words are great, and I am so sorry for your losses. I cannot imagine what that feels like, I guess I will when the time comes.

Thank you for your positive energy.

5. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

i feel very sorry for this...
    i don't remember where i read it or what the cure exactly was, but i remember i read something about alzheimer and alternative medicine... i know this is very vague, sorry cannot help more than this...
    what i know and remember is that our bodies are very pollutted by foods, preservatives, medications... have you ever thought to ask the help of a natural hygiene doctor or practiotioner?