1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My Intro

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Ozdave, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Ozdave

Ozdave Fapstronaut

Hi, I'm a 28y/o single Christian. I take my religion seriously but have had real problems with PMO since the age of 12. Like a lot of kids I learned about PMO from school mates and started to do it myself. I knew it wasn't something you talked about but I didn't think it was dough me much harm.

However over the years I realised that it was affecting me more than I thought and my feelings of guilt were getting worse and worse. Masturbation became my way of coping with negative feelings but then made me feel even guiltier...vicious cycle or what!

18 months ago I decided I needed help, I couldn't keep this to myself any longer and I wanted things to change for the better. I talked about it and made changes to my behaviour. The internet went for a few months and I was really careful not to masturbate.

However I've hit a few snags in the last 18 months and not been able to fully kick the habit. I was always realistic that it would take time but I wish I'd have got there by now. If I can make it to 90 days that will be an amazing achievement so I really hope I can.

Will keep you posted

2. Ozdave

Ozdave Fapstronaut

Ok so two days in. I can't say that's any huge achievement as I can usually go for a while without relapsing but recently I've found it really difficult. I've gone through a couple of weeks of consistent relapses which I think has been linked to my mood. I've always used MO as a way to deal with negative emotions, stress, worry and anxiety.

What seems to have made a difference is spending time reading the experiences on nofap.org. It seems to have reenergised my efforts in a way I didn't expect. I hope I can keep this new streak up for a while because I've felt so much more positive, which is vital for nofap!