1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My summer-long day-by-day healing journal

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Poi, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

Sunday night I committed myself to change. I could not finish sex with my wife, no feeling left in the D. It took 400mg of Sidenafil Citate to get me hard enough but the years of PMO had slowly but surely led up to this. I could see the disappointment, she knows what had happened.

Days 1 and 2 were pretty easy, still under the cloud of disappointment.

This morning, day 3, I caught my hand going for the D while I was fantasizing. Had to get out of bed and wash dishes, make coffee, keep my hands busy. My wife is going thru her period now so this traditionally has been my most active time. Going to be a long week :-(

My goal is to go all summer no P and absolutely no M from anyone (not from the wife, the massage therapist, nor myself). The wife and I will work thru the Os when absolutely needed.

Ugh

DIYAS1 and bobby_100 like this.
  2. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

Day 4 - This morning was catching up on some AMP review boards when it hit me - I was reading P. Ugh.

Got to watch out for this in the future. But TODAY I must consciously force myself not to MO-relapse because of this.

3. looklike4

looklike4 Fapstronaut

I guess your hands have their habits. So had mine, especially in the morning. Nice to see you here though, every step back from doing the pmo thing as if all is fine is a good one. The p is addictive, in my opinion, not a habit, but something that will always want you back. So good to prepare some strategy how you are going to navigate.

Poi likes this.
  4. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

Woke up day 5 - no fantasies, no urges, no tingling of the D that needed attention. Been reading about flatline, I am hopefull this is the start but it seems a bit too early. I am not feeling any depressing moods ...

DsnutZ likes this.
  5. DsnutZ

DsnutZ New Fapstronaut

You're doing great so far. Don't get too caught up in feeling bad about all the habits - you're catching them as they happen which is exactly what you want. I know it's easier said than done but I'd also try to think less about what stage you're at like flatlining and all that. It's just obsessing over the same general topic. Try your best to do and obsess over other things that don't involve your tallywhacker (love that word!) at all.

Poi likes this.
  6. Benjiboy34

Benjiboy34 Fapstronaut

Good job man, keep it up, your on the same day count as me. Even though I can’t seem to get it to work. Good luck.

Poi likes this.
  7. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

Last night I PMO’d, it felt great, then I felt bad, then I woke up. It was a dream. Weird.

Day 6 should pass fairly easy, I spend all day and all evening Saturdays helping my wife at her store, no opportunity to indulge myself. Being careful of becoming complacent, tomorrow will be my first major test of self control. Must get past today.

8. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

Day 7, I have an iPhone and a MacBook. To reduce temptation I have left the laptop in the computer bag all week and only concentrated on self control over my iPhone. However Sunday mornings are when I catch up on online banking, books, budget, and pay bills for the wife’s business and our home. In the past it was pretty easy to take quick breaks, pop open another browser with some P and rub out a few. Today will really test my self control over PMO and my resolve to overcome this destructive habit.

I have been debating about whether or not it would be beneficial to continue to have sex with the wife during my reboot. Do I wait 30 days or longer or do I start reinforcing good habits right away.

9. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

Day 8. Yesterday wife decided we needed to go out for breakfast, go shopping, then invite friends over for the afternoon, so by evening I really didn’t feel like doing any work on the laptop. That will be today’s hurdle. Can’t say after 1 week of no PMO that I feel much different than last week. No noticeable improvements yet.

Last night was reading some other journals on this forum and found myself mentally aroused by posts describing sexual encounters before, during, and after reboots by members. After I got my head straight I wondered if this forum is really going to help quit PMO when it itself contains P.

Wife wants us to wait 30 days before trying sex again, which is probably the right course of action. She is 200% supportive of me on this reboot, I am a lucky man.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Joe from China and Lapirata48 like this.
  10. I think the trick is to find individuals of like minds then follow them. They become friends that you can talk with. If you just constantly read random stuff on here there are bound to be triggers, as there is so much variation it what excites folks. That’s my two cents.

11. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

At the pool today saw a shapely young lady in a revealing swimsuit which left little to the imagination. My eyes were craving and I was sooooooo hoping for a reaction down lower but no. None. Nada.

I really hope this comes back again. I miss it.

12. I’m trying to get comfortable with the idea of a bonerless time period in this recovery too. I agree, it’s very hard on those of us who actually love feeling the swell.

Poi likes this.
  13. Wait! Your massage therapist does M on you?

Poi likes this.
  14. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

Yes!!!! Got all my online accounting finished in 2 hours with No P !!! Was very tempting a few times but resisted the urge, and popped the laptop back in the bag as quick as I shut it down.

15. Good going. How far into this are you PMO free?

16. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

Day 9, not much new. Browsed the AMP review boards again last night for a couple minutes, was boring. Same story from same places. No reaction. I recall many times when using P that it was also boring, same action same ending. I stayed with pretty vanilla P, never veered into the more exotic flavors. It was the O that I sought, that is what I miss so much now.

Smartboyj and Nugget9 like this.
  17. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

I am starting to feel really uncomfortable. Have absolutely no desire for P, I’m fixated now on O. No natural wood, and I don’t want to load up on meds again, am doing all I can to keeps my hands above my waist. 30 days? God help me.

The trigger was a text message today from a massage therapist I frequented in the past. She opened a new place closer to me. Her service was always above and beyond.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  18. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

Day 10, not getting any easier. After wife got home last night we were just not getting any reaction from the D, she remarked was probably still too early. We fell asleep. Woke up this morning feeling better. Day by day.

19. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

Day 11. Dead dick is so depressing. Waiting patiently for wood. Laptop still stowed. Keeping busy with life without PMO.

Balls starting to feel very uncomfortable.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  20. Poi

Poi Fapstronaut

Has been a difficult day. Lots of fantasizing. Every time I got a little frisky with the wife, she reminds me 30 days. She gives D a little rub and asks if it is working yet, I disappointingly answer no. I can’t even get hard from fantasizing, and I am battling the urge to reach down and manually restart the equipment.

In desperation I’ve been reading a lot about taking ED meds during a reboot, I still haven’t decided what to do yet, but it sure is tempting.

This is consuming me way too much. Uugghh.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018