Need help with coping stratagies.

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. salt_miner

salt_miner New Fapstronaut

Hey guys, recently I haven't been able to make it past 1 week. Does anyone have any ideas that may help? I have tried a few different things that I have came across, but with mild success. The farthest I have gotten was 1 month, back last summer. I want to go full cold turkey but haven been able to cope with it.

2. SimonL66

SimonL66 Fapstronaut

Hey Salt miner, here are the strategies that seem to work for me. I managed a streak of 60day+ last summer and have just committed to start again (1 week so far)
    1. Commit to reporting to this forum on your progress so that you are accountable to people here
    2. Remove temptations - images, internet access on your own - what ever it is that triggers the initial thoughts. You need to be ruthless if you want to succeed
    3. Celebrate small successes. If you can't manage a week, set yourself a target of 2 days and celebrate acheiving it.
    4. Fill your time with stuff that prevents you drifting into PMO - a simple example that worked for me - committing to read (paper, kindle etc) every night before bed rather than switching the computer on again. Other people on these forums talk about committing to do more exercise or joining a volunteer group. Anything to get you away from the PMO temptation.
    5. Lastly , focus on the outcome . There are many posts here about the benefits of NoFap. I have just had a great week of clear thinking, high energy and focus, thanks to the "no PMO bounce". There are more . Read up about them, imagine how good they would be for you and really want them.
    Hope thats food for thought. And good luck.

knighterrant and salt_miner like this.
  3. luckygentleman

luckygentleman Fapstronaut

You seem to have been successful (or you're not reporting). What has worked for you? I know I'm least attracted when I've been real with my friends, prayed the rosary sincerely, tired from a worthy day, and have worked out.

knighterrant likes this.