1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some help re: dreams

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Deleted Account, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Been over two months now since I stopped and for the main it's been OK. After the initial burst I have had a long period of flatlining. I am glad to say, P isn't much on my mind at present. After it loses its 'freshness' in the mind it gets filed away to the back of the mind.

Recently I have been struggling with thoughts and dreams. I am in a long-term relationship, but with the thoughts of P harder to muster up (and being less stimulating) I have more thoughts of other real women.

In the past couple of nights I have been having real vivid dreams, not really about sex but just attractive women in general. So much so that when I have woken one time I was convinced I had a wet dream (but I didn't). The other time, the urge to release an O was so compelling, like the bullet was in the gun, so to speak and I simply could M for about 10 seconds and it would be done.

Trying to think about these feelings, it is not particularly that I want another woman but to get to the point where I could, if that makes sense. Putting in all the work into the chase to know that I could. A bit like a fisherman spending all day fishing to catch a massive fish, only to put it back in the water once he has caught it.

Wondering if anyone has any good advice, I need to get back onto the path.

2. Nicko Stretch

Nicko Stretch Fapstronaut

You cannot stop the thoughts entering your head, but you can choose not to follow those thoughts. I have found that if I am thinking of sex during the day, it is more likely to appear in my dreams at night. The longer you go without entertaining sexualised thoughts the less frequently they will appear. Good luck with it.

mrtumnus likes this.