1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Never too late

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Phantom81, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Phantom81

Phantom81 Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

I'm a 27 years old male and I've been struggling since the last 7 years with this addiction. It has always been my ego that preventing me from truly overcoming it. Every time I'm successful for a short time, my inner ego starts with the ideas that it is fine to just let it go one time, I'm in control, and it will be just once in a while. Little did I know, it always end up worse than I started.

Recently I've encountered a self reflection weekend, where I could see how this compulsive have basically darkened my days for the past 5 years and how continuing in this path shall bring nothing but darkness and depression.

I hope this wake up call will bring the required momentum for me and I am sure it ain't going to be an easy ride, however, I need to follow new tactics this time, which I hope to find through this platform.

cheers.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

Hi 'Phantom

you are in a good, safe, place to begin your healing journey.

Read some of the things on this site - the "getting started" section that you can link to from the main page of this site includes lots of helpful information as you begin your journey.

Also check out some of the forum postings; there is a lot of information about what works for some and what doesn't work too. Just remember, as much as we are all the same, we are all different, so what is effective, or not so effective for you may be different that for others.

Get started !

One day at a time is how we all succeed.