1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New Member Intro

lalala

1. LongHaulTrekker

LongHaulTrekker Fapstronaut

Hello Spiritual Seekers
    I have been struggling with sexual addiction for many years and have tried lots of approaches: 12 steps, cognitive therapy, do it yourself therapy, on and on). I am also a student of the 4th way and am interested in simple practical spiritual solutions to promoting self awareness. I think I have reached a turning point in my approach to this. I had 3 months of sobriety as of March 30 and now am back on track with 3 weeks. What is working for me? Recognition that allowing sexual fantasies to circulate in my brain is not innocent or trivial. I followed several criminal cases recently: one cold case where girls were assaulted and killed and a second where the same occurred to adult women. How much time did the perpetrators of those crimes spend practicing acts of sexual assault in their imagination? Probably a lot.
    I don't have means or ability to ever do that in reality but in sexual fantasy world anything and everything goes. I abuse, am abused, control, am controlled, am all powerful and all subservient. I am revisiting, practicing and rehearsing when I relive fantasies and they have to progress due to the nature of addiction with its increased tolerance for shocking images and behaviors. I don't want to have anything in common with people who mistreat others whether in reality or in their minds. After all these years this realization is allowing me to deflect these impulses and evict them. They are not entering. I realize also I need to continue to feed and support this new understanding. The last time my efforts to connect here on nofap kind of dropped off. I really appreciate this (nofap, online) approach compared to 12 steps work. BTW, does anyone know how to resisting for reboot nation? Thanks for listening. Glad to be here.

walker5210 likes this.
  2. LongHaulTrekker

LongHaulTrekker Fapstronaut

To put this into a simple more concise way from Buddha:
    “Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny.”

FocusIsLove and walker5210 like this.