1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie Day 1 Journal

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Jcc777, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Jcc777

Jcc777 Fapstronaut

Hey everyone!

I'm Jake and I am new to the community. Let me tell you guys a little bit about myself. I am an 18 year old young Christian man and I want to get rid of my addiction. I have been masturbating ever since I was about 10 or 11. I don't look up any of the hard core stuff, but I have always been intrigued in the more passionate amateur things. Regardless, it is still a problem that I want to fix in my life. It has affected my relationship with God, how I view women, and my overall confidence. I have never had a girlfriend, and I really want one. For the longest time, I have always prayed that the Lord would provide for me the best wife in the world for me, but I know the Lord is telling me that I need to stop this addiction. I am willing to do anything to provide restoration with my relationship with the Lord. Please, if there is any accountability partner who is willing to take me under their mentor-ship, I would be more than happy. Some day, I want to be able to help others, but I know that I have to help myself in this in order for me to help others. I know that there are many Christians who have struggled with this. I know that I will rise, and fall, but I know that one day I will overcome this addiction completely through the power of Jesus Christ. But please, if there is anyone out there to take me under their wing who has conquered this addiction I would be more than happy to take that opportunity. Thank you!

Sincerely,
    Jake :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Good luck in your search Jake. Well done starting young at recovery. :)

3. Hey ,

I'm just a normal ordinary member. No moderator super powers and no special insite. I share my ESH (Experience, Strength and Hope) of what works for me.

Just another warm welcome and a heart felt hello. This community has helped me so much.

What worked for me was "working" it. It took hard work for me to complete a hard reboot (No pmo) for 120 days, then move into a Sex Positive mode.

First, reading the literature published by NoFap itself along with reading journals.

Then, doing the work. Writing in my journal and replying to introductions and other's journals.

Finally, but not least, getting involved with the fellowship. I found it on the forums, but also in people's profiles. The forums tend to be longer posts, where the profiles tend to be more "conversational".

That is what has worked for me. I like to remind myself that this community was here waiting for me with the lights on when I arrived. Now, I have to do my best to be there when someone comes to the community.

* L

PS: Say Hello to a few members. Just open their profile and say "hi" and introduce yourself. You'll find a great community. This is only a short list. There are many many more great people on here.

@GeeWhizz Journals at: https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/152127/
    ---
    @julianstone Journals at https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/146584/
    ---
    @PatrickR Journals at: https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/139570/
    ---
    @HerculesStop Journals at: https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/140098/
    ---
    @zakes Journals at: https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/149243/
    ---
    @DavidGibson Journals at: https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/143325/

4. Jcc777

Jcc777 Fapstronaut

Thanks everyone for the great advice and for the warm welcoming! I am happy to say day 1 is complete! I know I have a long journey ahead of myself, and I will make sure I keep you guys posted.

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  5. Jcc777

Jcc777 Fapstronaut

One thing I would like to ask is that I usually get cravings in the mornings and when I am tired in general. Any advice from you guys where I can stop these cravings or anything I should do to distract myself from these cravings?

6. Hey @Jcc777 ,

Think H.A.L.T

HALT stands for Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired.

For me, most of the time, if I run down that list, it's one of those emotions that's causing my cravings and/or urges. Sometimes I need to meditate, sometimes get more exercise, sometimes find fellowship and sometimes I need to speak with a trusted spiritual adviser.

But, sometimes I just need to take a nap, get to bed on time or I just need a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of cold milk.

* L

Jcc777 likes this.
  7. Protagoras

Protagoras Fapstronaut

Welcome my brother in Christ. Great to have you here. HERE are some things helping me.

Jcc777 likes this.
  8. Jcc777

Jcc777 Fapstronaut

Day 2 complete! Thanks everyone for all of your support. Watching nofap motivation videos and listening to Terry Crews about his journey. Thank you all we're all in this together!

9. Jcc777

Jcc777 Fapstronaut

Hey guys!
    Day three is almost finished. But can you guys please pray for me? I am experiencing major withdraws right now and I need prayer for school right now. I honestly feel a bit inadequate right now. What I am afraid of most is failing and not finishing off strong. What's also making me depressed is actually fighting this and not feeling like I got anything done if that makes sense. I am spending a lot of time looking up motivational nofap videos, but I feel like I am not getting anything done because I am spending a lot of time fighting temptation over doing my homework. It may just be withdraws, but I could use some prayer as I go through finals. I know my fears of failing seem kind of exaggerated, but I feel like if I don't do well, I'll head into a state of depression and more depression will lead to relapse is what I am afraid of. My career is on the line, I HAVE to do well in my classes and finish off strong. Please pray for me as I head to one of the toughest days, weeks, and months, staying committed to nofap. Thank you!

10. Jcc777

Jcc777 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, sorry I didn't update you guys. Yesterday went fine. I was edging a little bit this afternoon because I felt the urge but I didn't go all the way through. Please continue to pray for me and keep each other accountable thanks!

11. Whenever you get an urge, start working out!