1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not new but i am back

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Not new, i try to quit since the beginning of this year...

So my record was 19 days, just 19 days lol.

I seems to relapse a lot due to my over consumption of coffee, games, and maybe even music. Therefore i think i must do a dopamine detox or better called a dopamine detox as i like to call it. I cant seem to find even the slightest motivation to do anything, for example, doing my work. I think it is all related to each and another...

So i going to replace coffee with water, games with books and study, and i will do meditation. This will be extremely hard in the first week, but once that is over i just feel like a newborn person.

It is my true goal to get that motivation and a crystal clear mind back, so that is what i will be going for...

Wish me all the best...

2. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

Welcome again!

Don't get discouraged. After the first few months of trying, my highest streak was 4 days so... don't worry... Just keep going!

Yeah, coffee and games can be a bad thing if you use them a lot. The sooner you stop using them, the better.

Stay frosty!

ARAKIS likes this.
  3. GentleMarine

GentleMarine Fapstronaut

Welcome back @ARAKIS

I've never been able to stay more than 19 days free of PMO, my longest streak is the current one.

ARAKIS likes this.
  4. Chug

Chug Fapstronaut

Welcome back. Yes, you probably need to get the dopamine dosing fixed lol. Try to change things slowly ok? Giving up all of the coffee and gaming and everything at once will make you feel like crap...so go slow and cut things out gradually. Five cups of coffee to four to three to two to one....slowly. Otherwise you’ll start craving a dopamine hit and you’ll relapse in some fashion. Good luck and yes, you will feel brand-new!

ARAKIS likes this.
  5. so the same as me ;)

6. ill start by lowering coffee after a week of nofap hard mode, otherwise i feel so bad unmotivated since i have caffeine cravings and the chaser effect with a combo huge brain fog :(

7. Chug

Chug Fapstronaut

Steady as she goes on the caffeine withdrawal. I was a 7+ cup/day drinker at one point and it took me years to get to 1-2 cups per day. Somedays I think about cutting it out entirely...but I’m on NoFap and cutting out drinking alcohol at the same time, so now is not the time to phase out caffeine. NoFap will help with the brain fog. I suffered from it for years.

ARAKIS and GentleMarine like this.