1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

OCD, PMO and Spiritual Struggle

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. WarriorFromTheDeep

WarriorFromTheDeep New Fapstronaut

All I see is a sea of uncertainty.

Salvation is questionable at this point, hope also fades with time.

I live in spiritual warfare most of the day, and during the week, I struggle with evil thoughts and distortions in religious ideas and concepts.

My mind is attacked a lot, it receives arrows from the evil one that always hit the most fragile part: doubt and uncertainty.

After all, why do something if the destination is hell?

It is a complicated issue, which hits the Achilles heel of most Christians.

Furthermore, there is also the hypothesis of false prophets and false prophecies, which generates a constant state of paranoia and denial about what is, in fact, coming from God, and what is not.

It is, without a doubt, the hardest battle of my life. That of the mind.

While external battles, you can see the enemy, not in your mind. This manages to camouflage itself through thoughts coming from the brain and thoughts “played” by this or these agents of darkness that make us fall into sin, bringing the idea that there is no longer a way for us.

While all this happens, life passes by and we park ourselves at a certain point. We don't know where we're going or what will happen to us, and this uncertainty consumes our vital energy and sanity.

On the 25th I became very paranoid, which made me fall again. This enemy action has become commonplace: catching me where I am most off guard, in my thoughts.

I'm still thinking about ways to get out of this.

That same day, approx. At 1 am, I started seeing black shadows in the room. Maybe it's all in my head, maybe it's not.

The fact is that everything is very strange. There is no longer a joy in serving God, much less a hope for me.

The prophecies and revelations have ceased (I am Pentecostal). I don't know what to do anymore.

2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

I would commit a block of time to fight sin. If you are committed to fighting sin and doing God's will, you will make a breakthrough fast.

3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Be ready with your phone. To “Be ready” consider having a sentence or two saved from a favorite article ready. When temptation hits, click over to your saved info. If you start to habitually do that, you will memorize some key sentences and prayers. It is so hard to form a new habit like praying:

“Father, take away this lust, and help me to be content.”

But if you are tempted constantly, and you click to this prayer constantly... at some point, you will have the habit of praying it.

What prayers, or sentences do you need to keep on the front burner in your phone?

Second, reading articles is great, but putting them into action is better, starting to form a habit with key ideas is even better, and forming a habit like turning from lust is a real home run.

Third, be ready in the location and at the time you are tempted most. Have your phone ready and be ready to fight. If you are 100% ready you will 100% win.

Fourth, here is a video that is well done.