1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Off to a good start!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by diesel2256, Apr 3, 2014.

1. diesel2256

diesel2256 Fapstronaut

Figured I'd sign up for further inspiration and to help others when they need it.

I've PMO'd daily for about 12 years -- yikes. Recently, I made the decision to quit after reading a bunch of NoFap material. Happy to say, today is day 9 of freedom. Things were going so well after the first week that I decided to add quitting smoking to the list. Man... that made things more difficult but I'm sticking to the program. Hard mode + quitting smoking = Beast mode? Haha

2. Sophrosyne

Sophrosyne Fapstronaut

Congratulations man. Quitting smoking was definitely the best of the two decisions you made for your health.
    Quitting both together is definitely Beast Mode.

I'm not a smoker or a drinker, but in the three years I've been in university, I've eaten super unhealthy and stopped exercising completely. This resulted in putting on weight and feeling generally unhealthy.

I changed my diet and exercise routine, similar to when I was a hardcore athlete in high school, about a month ago. And in my ongoing process of improving my health and well being, I decided to give nofap a shot.
    I'm only 2 days into it, but already I'm loving the extra time I never realized I was missing out on. My days feel longer haha.

I guarantee your circulation and health will improve from quitting smoking, and paired with nofap, you're going to feel like a million bucks.

3. diesel2256

diesel2256 Fapstronaut

I'm hoping today isn't a fluke or some manic episode, but I can't remember the last time I was this happy. The sky is brighter, the grass greener, and I have energy. Before, 6pm would roll around and I'd take an hour nap in order to function the rest of the evening. Now? Haha, it's 6pm and I feel like working out, or doing yard work, or washing my car, etc.

Like you, I messed myself up pretty good during college and never corrected those habits afterwards. One step at a time though!