1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Online Dating Sites

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by BigCatTunski, Feb 20, 2020.

1. BigCatTunski

BigCatTunski Fapstronaut

For a couple months, I was on and off online dating sites such as Tinder and BLK. I hear about them a lot from my friends and on social media, so I figured I’d try it out.

So I made my accounts, swiping away on them, and over time, I realized that my mood began to shift. I was rarely getting matches on them, and it truly affected my mood.

Often, I would delete the app so I can be more centered in myself. Other times, I would redownload the app for reasons that were beyond me at first. I didn’t understand why I was putting myself through this cycle.

After the last time I downloaded the app, I realized that the reason why I kept doing this was because I was seeking validation. Subconsciously, I wanted to know if I was still desirable to any women. And when I barely got any matches, it made me feel as if I wasn’t worthy enough of any woman.

So I realized that I was on the online dating sites for the wrong reasons. And I also realized how apps such as this can have a negative effect on ones self esteem and confidence. I’ve been through that before, and speaking honestly, I’ll be damned if I go through that again.

I’ve since deleted my account and the app, and I’ve decided to do it for good. I wasn’t ready to be on those sites, and even if I am ready, as of right now, I believe I have no desire to create another account on these dating apps.

As I’ve come to learn, one must learn how to be by themselves before they make the decision to be with someone else. Don’t be so quick to delve into a relationship (or a one night stand, even) if you know you aren’t ready for it.

It may prove to be difficult, as the perils of loneliness can prove to be tough as hell. But in learning how to be by yourself, you’ll realize that nothing good comes easy, and anything that comes easy isn’t worth having.

Wishing you guys Godspeed.

2. Coco99

Coco99 Fapstronaut

I totally agree with you on this. Dating apps such as Tinder,bumble can definitely have a negative impact on our mood. You swipe right so many times waiting for a match that never happens and then you start to question your own worth. I have done what you have done as well where you download the app and then deleted it. Once I deleted it, I realized I was looking for a match to provide me with a validation that I'm worth it. I have had girlfriends before so I know I'm a fairly good looking dude but the apps do play a mind trick on you. Its good that you deleted it, continue to improve yourself and everything will eventually fall into place.

BigCatTunski and Deleted Account like this.
  3. i got a coupe of dates from Tinder. Nothing happened. Second time i used it, i got ghosted by the girls who agreed to go out with me. Tinder is relly only for extremely attractive guys just like real life.

BigCatTunski likes this.