1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

pmo and dating websites to avoid personal problems

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Oct 1, 2018.

1. I managed to avoid pmoing on the 7th day.. usually on sunday.. this time around. I usually mess up after a week. it was bittersweet

What usually happens is I go through tinder, pof, then even the classified ads looking for a hookup, then when it doesnt work out I go to pmo. This time I went through the dating websites and such but didnt pmo. It was bittersweet because while I was doing the dating websites, i got this feeling of like.. wow.. I am doing this again.. I'm a total loser right now. Like I cant get laid and I need help. I dont really even think I would know what to do at this point in time to make that happen. Haven't gotten laid in like 3 months since moving back in with parents. Feeling kinda like deflated and like wow... this is my life..

Everything is so unsettled in my life. I have no place of my own, no money, and no job. Nothing stable because of my unwillingness to commit to something for the long term and really give 100% to achieving a certain outcome. All the outcomes I want are so huge that they might be unrealistic. But I worry that if I aim too low I will be filled with regrets.

I guess I was using pmo and dating websites even to hide from my problems and the real issues in my life. I feel like I am coming out of a haze, and the mess I see that is my life came from sleepwalking for so long through different addictions. Mostly pmo.

I'm 27 now and I really want to have something to show for my life. But it has been a life that is devoid of many significant accomplishments at the time. I feel sad for this. by avoiding PMO and other time wasting addictions like dating websites I will see what my life is and face it head on. Must lean into challenges to grow.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2018
    Jeddo and Heythatguy like this.
  2. lovebeach

lovebeach Fapstronaut

I also sometimes visit datingsites, I dont M or edge, but I get into perv mode , and when I look myself in the mirror after, my eyes look strange,not clear and bliss like a "normal" day,also got a feeling of want to see more, not good. The devil on the shoulder

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. CELIBACY_GUY

CELIBACY_GUY Fapstronaut

can feel your pain . Just try to have self-control and have a disciplined life . PMO will not be the panacea of all problems but the energy we will get from abstaining PMO can be utilised to do some productive task which in return will help to have a meaningful and happier life . Try to focus on your life aims , always be aware the ills PMO has done to your life . PMO is equivalent to cocaine uptake only difference is the later is 100 times more powerful and alters our brain . so aim to be normal , we all people here on this forum is to get rid of this PMO because unknowingly we have knocked the doors of ills and suffering . But this door can be closed by our discipline and understanding the ill repercussions of our act . This body , mind and hand are all ours , it depends how we are using these instruments . .... all the best

Deleted Account likes this.