1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

PMO, neurotransmitters and alcohol

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Rafal, May 28, 2020.

1. Rafal

Rafal Fapstronaut

I have noticed that when I drink ONE beer it's like I start to panic. This is weird, because I'm a big guy and when I used to drink on a monthly basis I would need maybe 10 beers to get drunk. The last few years I've only gotten drunk maybe once or twice a year, due to a lot anxiety and avoiding social settings.

I wonder if this has anything to do with dopamin or serotonin sensitivity caused by PMO (I have PMO'ed on average maybe 2 times a day for the last 15 years) and OCD-like anxiety.

What happens when I drink one beer is: I feel really fragile, extremely anxious, it's like I fall into a hole in the ground, get dizzy, I feel extremely inferior, get kind of paranoid, feel sick (flu) shaky and depressed.
    I thought I was just getting drunk on one beer for a long time, but recently, when I got withdrawal symptoms after not PMO'ing for three weeks, I realized this is the exact same feelings/symptoms.

2. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

I personally think your imagining it. I think what's happening when your drinking the beer is your constantly thinking about stuff, constantly thinking about how the beer is making you feel. Thinking about it to the point your actually imagining things that aren't true, and causing your self anxiety.

Rafal likes this.