Prayer requests and venting.

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Kennedy_p4

Kennedy_p4 New Fapstronaut

I fell today, after, I guess, my longest time course. And ngl, I'm struggling with many things inside me, but none of these are taking control of my mind (I hope they won't).

Last sermon that I heard from a priest said about the virtue of meekness, that is, being humble and patient with ourselves and with anothers. We shouldn't have wrath against our imperfections, a true repentance does not need annoyance and indignation, a true repentance of our faults should have two qualities: tranquility and firmness. Saint Francis de Sales once said:

"I also say that we more effectively punish ourselves for our faults by calm and constant pain than by fleeting regret filled with trouble and indignation, because in this excitement we judge ourselves according to our inclination and not according to the nature of the mistake committed."

So, instead of crying like a kid, we must trust in God and keep going, with humbleness and pantice. But you probaly know why I fell... of course, I trusted in myself, I thought I could watch some P and go away... Bruh.

Therefore, I ask for some prayers. Maybe if I asked before, It could be turned different. But I didn't.

However, in the third part of the Via Sacra (or Via of the Cross), we learn that, if we fall in grace, we must resurface soon, with sincere contrition. And that's what i'm trying to do. So, if you can, pray that I don't stop praying, that I'm not going back to the way I was.

You can also let your request here, because that's why I'm doing this in the forums. I can always come back here and ask, and so do you.
    God bless.

2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Be encouraged. You set a personal best. No doubt you can go longer but bear in mind that the measure of days free is a useful but misleading metric. Surely our goal is to love God more dearly. Only you and Christ can measure that. He knows you want to be free of this sin and He is pleased with each serious attempt you make. You will fall along the way but when you get back up and run to Him, He will be there waiting for you, longing to encourage you.

Kennedy_p4 likes this.