Prayers for Emotions

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

We need to know what emotion plagues us and/or eventually leads to disaster. Today I will give out three prayers, but it is wise to copy and paste the article into a Google doc or Word file so that you can change the prayer to exactly the issue that sinks you.

For anger, consider praying:

“Father, take away this spirit of anger, and fill me with Your love.”

But, your #1 issue may be Hopelessness, Anxiety, Emptiness; Frustration; Inadequacy; Helplessness; Fear; Guilt; Loneliness; Depression; Overwhelmed; Resentment; Failure; Sadness; Jealousy, or something else.

So if anger is not an issue for you, take your #1 issue and delete anger from the list and insert your emotion. The key point is to be able to take an article about loneliness and see if you can change a few prayers or things to think about so that they can apply to say – guilt.

Second, consider praying:

“Father, take away my spirit of lust, and help me with my feeling of hopelessness.”

This is a powerful prayer because the first half is exactly what God wants, and the second half is our desire. Consider changing the last word of the prayer to the emotion that plagues you.

Third, add power to your prayer. Power is added when we fully repent before we pray and when we fully commit our lives to Christ.

Forth, pray your prayer every hour. But with every prayer, we must remember to be 100% sincere, and 100% dedicated to change. When I prayed, “Father, help me to turn aggressively from sin,” for the 3000th time, I was just as sincere and dedicated to change as I was the first time I prayed it.

Last, you could easily find 80 prayers in my articles. Feel free to pray them as written, but also feel free to change the key emotion to the one that plagues you.

Negative emotions drag us down, down, down. Instead, attack, attack, and attack with prayer.

toziko and CPilot like this.
  2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

In my humble opinion there is a prayer missing from this series or certainly there is a prayer that underpins them all. That is a prayer for humility. Humility in the sense that we recognize our inability to discipline ourselves to live a sinless life. Only Christ has the ability to resist temptation at all times and thus only He can successfully fight temptation for us. Our Lord sacrificed Himself in atonement for all of humanity's sins because no human was capable of doing so. When we admit we cannot will ourselves to purity but that Christ can and will shepherd us there, we open ourselves up to His help in all things.

Prayer is the key to the door but no matter how much repetition we employ, without the knowledge that we cannot succeed without Our Precious Lord, we are doomed to fail.

3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

We can pray, "Father, take away this spirit of lust and fill me with humility.

4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Let us be cautious here brother. Certainly, there is a benefit to repetition by prompting us to stay focused but let us be careful not to mislead. It is not by repetition and memorization alone that we find true freedom from sin. God has taught us to pray but the prayers He wishes from us are those that are said with our hearts rather than those that are said mindlessly. Memorization and repetition are useful tools but without mindfulness they can lead to hollow words, a banging gong.

Men are called to be thinking beings who use their minds to fathom the nature of God by seeking to understand His word and hold it in our hearts. Memorization is useful but it is not the same as understanding.

5. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

6. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Sorry if my words offended you. That is not my intent. To be clear, I do not want to undermine anyone, rather, I wish to be as truthful as possible in hopes of helping others find the route to freedom. Studying the Lord's word, as you have rightly pointed out, is a very helpful and important practice to Living for God. Repetition of prayer can also be a good tool, but the Lord showed us that mindless repetition, that is, not truly praying with the heart, is not helpful. The Lord will judge us on what is in our heart and certainly not on what comes from our mouths or our keyboards.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  7. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Repetition does not help get our prayer answered. My fourth point was, "Pray your prayer every hour. But with every prayer, we must remember to be 100% sincere, and 100% dedicated to change." The repetition is to remind me to continue to fight and focus on doing things God's way.
    If the prayer reminds or inspires me to change, then it is a sincere prayer. If not, then it adds nothing.
    Second, it is best to come up with a new prayer every hour. But that is hard for me, I'm just not that smart.

CPilot likes this.
  8. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I agree. Thank you for clarifying.

9. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

If we combine 4 elements: 1.repetition of prayer , 2. the length of prayer (short prayers are not much effective if under temptation) , 3. sincere praying with heart ( a mechanical repetition of holy words when our mind is anywhere but not aware of God is IMO not prayer ) 4. sincere readiness and struggle to change one's life (implementing what the church says).

If we combine the 4 elements we will be free. If even one of the 4 elements lacks then IMO we will be enslaved as long as we don't combine all the four.

10. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Praying over the verses about lust is huge as well.