1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with my Friends.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Guys I just had something on my mind that I wanted to share because it is something that is bothering me for a while now. So, I live in a society where I used to be very good friends with some people since childhood. Now, that all of us have grown up, pursuing different careers (we're still students) I have had to focus on building relevant skills with respect to my career and hence my interaction with them had reduced somewhat (from hanging out daily to maybe 1-2 times a week). But I have ensured that I make time to hangout with them and also If they need something I'm always ready to help them.

But I have noticed that whenever we cross paths they sort of ignore me (one person in particular) for some reason. I've also tried talking to him multiple times as to what's wrong, but he's like "nothing at all". The thing is it seems that this one person has some problem with me and since the other guys hangout with him more they talk behind my back about something, ignore me most times and it seems our friendship is not the same anymore. Although I've tried taking to this person many times, nothing comes out of it. What should I do, any advice?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2020
  2. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

I learned, in my 17 years, that people come and go. You don't need to chase anyone. If someone wants to stay with you, let him do it. If someone wants to exit your life, then let him go, you don't need that kind of people in your life. Now focus on your studies, and eventually find new friends. But never fear loneliness.

In Italy, we say: better alone than badly accompanied!

Attached Files:

Deleted Account and Hadrian3 like this.
  3. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

It is common that people leave us as teens and early 20s. It happens by nature of these ages. You don't have to cling to the friendship. Don't fear of loneliness. You will find other friends.
    You need to respect yourself and treat anyone as they deserve.

4. I can't agree more to what you're saying, but the thing is the thought that we are not friends anymore just bothers me somehow. How do I get over it?

5. I agree. But how do I stop thinking about this?

aricking likes this.
  6. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

Your real problem is an interior one. You might subconsciously fear staying alone. You might think that you have a value only if you have feedback from your friends. That's how society works since prehistoric, I think. But you can change it. Do something you like to do, distract yourself.

And, most importantly, consider the end of the friendship as a loss of your friends, not yours.
    Consider yourself as a treasure, not the exact contrary.

You will be fine without that friend, now you know he was just a fake one.

Hadrian3 and Deleted Account like this.
  7. You're sure wise for a 17-year-old. Thanks a lot buddy! :)

8. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

Thanks, man, I just had to grow up before time for what happened to me during life. :emoji_open_hands:

9. Hadrian3

Hadrian3 Fapstronaut

It's fine and usual. That's the downside of friendship and being dependant. Make some hobbies and distract yourself as other friend said above. Anyway, Time will make much more big problems faint, let alone such feelings.

Also, as you grow more old and hopefully gain more self-respect, you will do better and feel better in such cases.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Short answer: Typical Punekar loka.
    Yes, please don’t be offended bhava, pan asech loka ahet.

aricking likes this.
  11. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Address it head on. ”Dude since I stopped hanging out you act differently: Example A, B, C.

Or maybe this one dude isn't really a friend so just be civil to him and otherwise ignore.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. This is really very deep!

aricking and Hadrian3 like this.
  13. Ho ki rao barobar mhantoy..

14. Makes a lot of sense. Let's see!

aricking likes this.