1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Purity builds you up

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. chastedude

chastedude Fapstronaut

I'm currently on day 28 of monk mode trying to put an end to my decades-long M'ing-in-bed-at-night habit once and for all. It's been VERY difficult but slowly I'm getting there. This week I made a strict commitment to not touch down there at all. Though it has been tough. Especially waking repeatedly up in the middle of the night with a lot of temptation.

I've noticed that this week I've been having insomnia. This is the first time I'm experiencing this while practicing nofap. I understand that this may be because of all the pent-up sexual energy. I definitely felt it all day. I had A LOT of pent-up energy and really, really wanted to make love to a woman (don't worry, I like to live chastely so I kept myself in control). I felt connected with God's creation of my human body.

I worked out once my day job finished for the day. I was curious to see if I could work off the pent-up energy. To my surprise, all that energy was gone after my workout. I experienced the same feeling I did when I climaxed/ejaculated in the past. Except not worn out, ashamed, or unhealthy. I felt built up, strong, confident, and manly. This lasted for the rest of the day.

I had insomnia again last night (along with the usual temptation to masturbate) and woke up with about half the amount of pent-up energy from the day before. I thought of doing my workout in the morning instead of in the afternoon after work to see if I can work off the energy but my muscles were too stiff from the sleep I managed to get so I decided to pray the day's Rosary instead of risking injuring myself. I'll workout later today.

To my surprise, all that pent-up energy was gone after I finished. I felt not only calm, but build up, manly, etc. I usually feel that way after praying the Rosary but I'm just surprised that it wasn't exercise that harnessed the pent-up energy but praying the Rosary.

For what it's worth, I did a quick search online to see if meditation also helps with this pent-up energy and it looks like it does. I know everything about nofap is anecdotal and no research has been done on the "superpowers" and such, but I can't help but find it interesting and uncanny!

What I really like is how it fits perfectly with creation. God made us to do great things, the work he needs us to do. To serve. We must commit to keeping our bodies, minds, and spirits strong. We can't perform if we wear ourselves out with impurity. I came across a quote that said man was made to procreate, build, and create things that better humankind.

Take good care of your temples of the Holy Spirit!

Untamed_fantasy, CPilot and zero0 like this.