1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick update: Another meetup, an ex lover, and new Tinder guy

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Tesslynne, May 7, 2017.

1. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

So, I'll put these in chronological order.

I had an ex lover come over yesterday, because, well there's connections there because of other people I live with and things like that. Anyway, I helped him move some light furniture etc. and we chatted and at one point he asked "Is THAT your room?" and I was tempted to drag him INTO it (he was also looking really hot!) but I said "It's messy" (or something like that) and shut the door.

It felt a bit weird when he left because I literally don't think he and I have EVER met without having sex in SOME form. But we've also always had this underlying friendship and I guess I want to build that up, for one. I'm not hard mode so I COULD have had sex with him, but in a way, I'm glad we didn't.

I went to a singles party last night, a different one from last time. Well, i stayed for about two and a half hours. Two of the guys were quite cute but I talked more to their friend, and then their friend mostly talked to another girl (similar interests but now I kinda "ship" them!) but also I talked to about up to 10 people in total, men and women and had yummy snacks to eat and cocktails. I went to work on my social and communication skills, really, so that I will hopefully be more confident when I AM around a handsome guy because I will be more used to talking to people in general.

I'm noticed a weird effect from NoFap, that at the moment i can laugh about but could be annoying if it continues!

About a week ago, I felt like the girl working in the shop was flirting with me. It seemed to be beyond normal shop keeper, not just the big smile but also lots of questions. Then, last night as well as one of the women being quite "buddy-buddy" with me, but that was probably platonic, on the way home, waiting for the train, this drunk girl sits next to me and chats to me briefly. Then her friends were leaving and she says "OK, have a great night, beautiful!" strokes my hair and then blows me a kiss as she is leaving! And then she and her galpal waved to me saying "bye!" from the train! And then on my train ANOTHER girl was staring at me! It's like FFS! I want to attract MEN, NoFap MEN, NOT women! I'm female and straight, DAMN it!

I also have a new Tinder match and he wanted to meet last night but I was worried if we met that late, things would happen. And he's my type and so far seems nice and I don't want to mess that up. What's weird too is stalker that I am ;-) I happened to find his POF profile. I didn't go looking, just looked up the name and it came up! And one of the things it said is that he is looking for a relationship! I hope that's true, but who knows. We live quite close to each other so I feel like, yes, let's meet. I don't want to NOT meet him cos it might be just a fling?

So, yeah, anyway, that's my updating.

There WERE two relatively cute guys at that party but neither were very chatty so it was hard to talk to them, really.

But, I went mostly to work on my social and communication skills, not with the hope of meeting someone. Sometimes I find it's better to approach it with that sort of mindset! So that's my dating update, such as it is.

2. Faptain_Harris

Faptain_Harris Fapstronaut

So were you just sharing a story or did you want advice? I missed that part.

I'd get rid of Tinder, unless you're just looking to bang. No judgement here if you are.

As far as the random people flirting with you part, I'm only on day 8 myself, but I've heard other dudes talk about how they feel more motivated and confident after NoFap, so maybe it's similar for women. As your body is working itself back into balance, maybe you're emitting more of those mysterious lady pheromones lol.

Good luck!

Tesslynne likes this.