1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Ilhan Omar from Congress

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by splinter, Feb 14, 2019.

1. splinter

splinter Fapstronaut

She’s defending 9 isis terrorists and tweeting anti-Semitic comments. why is this person still in congress?

2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Well, she’s right... AIPAC’s job is literally to advocate for Israel. I like how Democrats advocate for women empowerment and Republicans advocate for free speech... until Israel’s involved.

As for the 9 ISIS terrorists... yeah, that’s crazy. This is actually a legitimate concern to tie to her, not this “anti-Semitic” thing, which isn’t even anti-Semitic.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  3. splinter

splinter Fapstronaut

this is more than AIPAC, its other jew founded things because that’s what anti-semites do because its part of the jewish question to them. Hating them supports the hate that jews got for thousands of years

4. Minnesotan

Minnesotan Fapstronaut

It’s funny how the democrats act shocked that she makes these comments. What do you expect when you elect Muslims into office?

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  5. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Defending ISIS terrorists is unacceptable. She should be removed from office as soon as possible.

MLMVSS and brilliantidiot like this.
  6. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I don’t think most people who criticise AIPAC hates Jews nor are supporters of JQ. I don’t think a country should give in to foreign collusion/intervention unless it benefits that country. Whether AIPAC does that or not, I’ll leave to your discretion, but what does the USA accomplish by moving its embassy to Jerusalem?

7. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Showing support for the only democracy in the Middle East. The US has an interest in seeing democracy strengthen and spread around the world.

8. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Just because they’re the only democracy in the ME doesn’t mean they should get away with what they’re doing in occupied lands.

Only if the democracy goes their way. They wouldn’t mind setting up an authoritarian dictatorship as long as it was anti-communist. Or there’s also invading other countries due to false information, destabilising other countries to instill “democracy”, resulting in a breeding ground for terrorism in Syria, slave/organ trades in Libya, and Europe’s forced to deal with one of the largest migration crises in modern history.

The USA should worry about itself first rather than pissing away their money in wars that destroy other nations and create the same conditions ripe for migration that conservatives ironically complain about. Trump’s doing well at focusing on America first, wanting out of pointless wars and needless soldier deaths, for the most part. But change starts at the lower levels of government, and the US needs that.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  9. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Meh, not worth getting into this discussion again (I already did this on another thread) on "occupied" territories.
    Yeah, you're right. Because that's what they managed to set up, which was better than communist dictatorships.
    And that's how WWII started: The USA stopped being interested in the rest of the world, the Nazis and Japanese rose to power, and mid-war America realized that what happens in the rest of the world does affect it after all.

Trappist likes this.
  10. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

A dictatorship is a dictatorship. It’s hardly spreading and strengthing democracy throughout the world.

There are definitely good things the US has done, but that’s also no excuse to commit some of the worst humanitarian crises in history. It’s no excuse to destroy Syria, or Iraq, or Libya or Yemen. It’s no excuse to overthrow actual democracies and replace them with military dictatorships just to protect their interests. The USA had a screwed up foreign policy that even Americans (who at least know about the world past their borders) admit are flawed.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019